|This article needs additional citations for verification. (May 2013)|
|• Body||Village panchayat|
|Time zone||IST (UTC+5:30)|
|Lok Sabha constituency||Dakshina Kannada|
|Vidhana Sabha constituency||Belthangady|
Naravi is a panchayat village in Dakshina Kannada district in the foothills of the Western Ghats. There are two villages in the Naravi gram panchayat: Naravi and Kuthluru. It is 20 km from Karkala towards Dharmasthala. It is also known for Sri Sooryanarayana temple which is one of the two well known Sun temples, the other of which is located at Konark. Starting from Western Ghats River Suvarna flows in the banks of Sri Suryanarayana Temple and joins Arabian Sea near Mangalore.
Lot of devotees from all around the world visit this divine shrine to worship holy lord Sooryanarayana (Sun God) on the auspicious day of Simha Sankramana. Naravi is also well known for Sri Venu Gopal Krishna Temple.
In the 2001 India census, the village of Naravi had a population of 3,900, with 1,925 males (49.4%) and 1,975 female (50.6%), for a gender ratio of 1026 females per thousand males.
In the 2011 India census, Naravi was recorded as having 3,985 inhabitants.
- "India Post PIN code search".
- 2011 Village Panchayat Code = 220331, "Reports of National Panchayat Directory: Village Panchayat Names of Beltangadi, Dakshin Kannad, Karnataka". Ministry of Panchayati Raj, Government of India.
- "Reports of National Panchayat Directory: List of Census Villages mapped for: Navari Gram Panchayat, Beltangadi, Dakshin Kannad, Karnataka". Ministry of Panchayati Raj, Government of India.
- "Census 2001 Population Finder: Karnataka: Dakshina Kannada: Beltangadi: Naravi". Office of The Registrar General & Census Commissioner, Ministry of Home Affairs, Government of India.
- "NPR Report: Karnataka: Dakshina Kannada: Beltangadi". National Population Register, Ministry of Home Affairs, Government of India. 2011.
|This article related to a location in Dakshina Kannada district, Karnataka, India is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|