Narendra Dev University of Agriculture and Technology
|Narendra Dev University of Agriculture and Technology|
|Established||10 October 1975|
|Chancellor||Governor of Uttar Pradesh|
|Location||Faizabad, Uttar Pradesh, India|
Narendra Dev University of Agriculture and Technology is an agricultural university at Faizabad district in the Indian state of Uttar Pradesh. It is in the small town of Milkipur Constituency known as Kumarganj.
On January 15, 1974 the foundation stone of Narendra Dev University of Agriculture and Technology was led by the prime minister of India late Smt. Indira Gandhi at Mashodha near Faizabad. Shri Laxmi narain Rai, APCS officer of Agriculture Department, government of UP, was deputed as officer on special duty. After a few months, he was succeeded by Dr. A.S. Srivastava; he took over in October 1974. Some speed work was done by his team. A new development took place during 1975 and the government of Uttar Pradesh decided to locate the main campus at Kumarganj, Faizabad instead of Mashodha.
Shri A.D. Pandey, IAS officer (retired) was appointed the first vice chancellor of the university on 10 October 1975. The university started functioning in a borrowed building of Gram Swalabi Vidyalaya Acharya Nagar Naka Faizabad. Dr. R.P. Chandola joined as the first registrar on November 1975. A committee was constituted for site selection of the academy administrative and residential blocks of the university at Kumarganj. The committee submitted its report on 22 January 1976. On July 10, 1976 the paddy research station located at Mashodha, Gahghara Ghat and ECF and NDS schemes were transferred to the university by the government and U.P. Institute of Agriculture Science Kanpur which formed the nucleus of the research university. Dr. Kirti Singh became the first dean of the agriculture faculty on February 12, 1977 which approved creation of 20 departments in the college of agriculture.
The Mahamaya College of Agriculture Engineering and Technology (MCAET), a constituent college of NDUAT was established at Ambedkarnagar by upgrading the department of agriculture to cater to the needs of development of engineering and technology to suit the condition of the farmers of eastern Uttar Pradesh — characterised by problems of user lands, water-locked poorly drained soils, scant power supply, small holdings, low purchasing power and poor rural infrastructure. Former prime minister of India Smt. Indira Gandhi laid the foundation stone of NDUAT on 10 October 1975.
Narendra Deva University of Agriculture and Technology is named after a great national leader, educationist, philosopher and socialist, Acharya Narendra Deva, whose ideals constitute a great national heritage and source of inspiration in the national quest for a progressive economy free from the fear and exploitation.N.D. University is one of the leading institute doing research on dry land agriculture, saline-alkaline soils and for the betterment of rural peoples lived in concerned area.
- College of Veterinary Science & Animal Husbandry
- College of Agriculture: Dr. Kirti Singh joined as the first dean of Agriculture.
- College of forestry
- College of home science
- College of fisheries science
- college of agriculture engineering
- College of biotechnology and biodiversity
- College of agribusiness management
The departments are in this college are:
- Department of Agricultural Biochemistry
- Department of Agricultural Engineering
- Department of Agricultural Economics
- Department of Agricultural Microbiology#
- Department of Agricultural Statistics
- Department of Agronomy
- Department of Crop Physiology
- Department of Entomology
- Department of Extension Education
- Department of Food Technology#
- Department of Genetics and Plant Breeding
- Department of Linguistics
- Department of Nematology
- Department of Plant Pathology
- Department of Soil Science
In the Department of Agricultural Biochemistry:
- College of Home Science
- College of Agriculture Engineering
- Dr. Ram Manohar Lohia Institute of Plant Biodiversity and Biotechnology
- College of Horticulture and Forestry: Prof. (Dr.) B. P. Singh joined as the first dean of the college and proposed the name of five departments named
- Department of Fruit Science
- Department of Post Harvest Technology
- Department of Vegetable Science
- Department of Medicinal & Aromatic Plants
- Department of Forestry
- College of Fisheries
- College of Agribusiness Management