||This article is an autobiography or has been extensively edited by the subject or an institution related to the subject. (February 2014)|
|Born||28 May 1953|
|Occupation||Member, planning commission of india
Narendra Jadhav (born 1953) is a noted Indian bureaucrat, economist, social scientist, writer and educationist. He is a member of Planning Commission of India. as well as a member of National Advisory Council (NAC), since 31 May 2010 Prior to this, he had worked with International Monetary Fund (IMF) and headed economic research at Reserve Bank of India (RBI)
Jadhav attended Chhabildas High School, Dadar. Narendra Jadhav did his BSc in Statistics from Ramnarain Ruia college Mumbai University in 1973. He also did his MA in Economics from Mumbai University in 1975. He later received a PhD in Economics from Indiana University, USA in 1986
Jadhav served the Reserve Bank of India for 31 years, taking voluntary retirement in October 2008, from the position of Principal Adviser and Chief Economist (in the rank of Executive Director). In the RBI, steered a team of 120 career economists and played a significant role in macroeconomic policy-making in India especially after the macroeconomic crisis in 1991.
He worked for four and half years at the International Monetary Fund (IMF), first as Adviser to Executive Director for India and briefly as a Consultant to the Independent Evaluation office of the IMF.
In 2008, the Chief Minister of Maharashtra appointed him as the Chairman of a One Man High Powered Committee in the context of 'Farmers' Suicides'. Jadhav Committee Report has been accepted by the Government and is being implemented.
A writer with 100 research papers, 14 books on economic and social issues including four in Marathi to his credit. His latest contributions are two books in Marathi on Rabindranath Tagore – one is an anthology of Gurudev's poems translated into Marathi and the other one (being released) is on Gurudev's life and times.
He has been featured in Time, International Herald Tribune, and (on the cover page of) Readers' Digest.
As Member of the Planning Commission, Jadhav's sectoral responsibilities included Education, Labour-Employment-Skill Development, Sports & Youth Affairs, and Social Justice and Empowerment. In addition, Jadhav looks after the States of Bihar, Tamil Nadu, and Goa, besides the Union Territories of Diu-Daman and Dadra-Nagar Haveli.
- Dr. Ambedkar : An Intellectual Biography (2013)
- Ambedkar Writes (editor, two volumes, 2013)
- Pradnya Mahamanavachi (2013)
- Lasavi (editor)
- Dr. Ambedkar Speaks (editor, three volumes, 2013)
- Bol Mahamanavache
- Ravindranath Tagore : Yug Nirmata Vishvamanav (2011)
- Ravindranath Tagore : Samagra Sahitya Darshan (2011)
- Bhayshoonya Chitta Jeth ... Ravindranathanchya Pratinidhik Kavita 151 (2010)
- Untouchables: My Family's Triumphant Journey Out of the Caste System in Modern India (2005)
- Monetary Policy, Financial Stability and Central Banking in India, (2005)
- Re-emerging India: A Global Perspective (2005)
- Outcaste – A Memoir, Life and Triumphs of an Untouchable Family In India (2003), winner of the Sahitya Academy Award for the Hindi version
- Governors Speak (editor, 1997)
- Challenges to Indian Banking: Competition, Globalization and Financial Markets (editor, 1996), winner of All-India Publishers' Association Award
- Monetary Economics for India (1994), winner of All-India Publishers' Association Award
- Amcha Baap Aan Amhi (1993)
- Our Father and Us (2009)
- Dr. Ambedkar : Economic Thought and Philosophy (1992)
- Dr. Ambedkar: Aarthik Vichar Aani Tatvadnyan (1992), winner of Maharashtra Sahitya Parishad Award and Asmita Darsha Award
- Macroeconomic Investment Management in LDCs: A Social Cost-Benefit Approach (1986)
- Plan panel’s Jadhav is also in NAC – Hindustan Times
- Narendra Jadhav,Member NAC National Advisory Council (NAC).
- "Dalit Dreams". The Times of India. 16 January 2004.
- Narendra Jadhav – Welcome to Official website of Narendra Jadhav [www.drnarendrajadhav.info]
- This article contains text from NAC (govt. of India), website which requires accreditation as per its Copyright policy.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Narendra Jadhav.|