Narsee Monjee Institute of Management Studies
|This article needs additional citations for verification. (June 2014)|
|Narsee Monjee Institute of Management Studies|
|Students||over 5000 |
|Location||Mumbai, Maharashtra, India|
Narsee Monjee Institute of Management Studies (NMIMS) is a private university located in Mumbai, Maharashtra, India. This institute was established in 1981 by the parent body Shri Vile Parle Kelavani Mandal (SVKM). It has been awarded "Five Star" rating and "A" grade by the NAAC and UGC respectively. NMIMS has also been awarded the ISO 9001:2000 Certification by ICL in 2004 and a "A***" rating by CRISIL. The institute was granted "Deemed University" status by the UGC in 2003 and can hence grant full academic degrees on its students. It has campuses in Mumbai, Shirpur, Bengaluru and Hyderabad. It offers courses/programs across diverse fields such as Management, Technology, Science, Architecture, Pharmacy, Commerce and Economics.
School of Business Management (SBM)
The year 1981 saw the opening up of the Management Education System in Mumbai with the decision of the University of Mumbai to allow new management Institutes to be set up. The pressing demand for management education, coupled with a keen sense of social commitment on the part of SVKM led to the birth of Narsee Monjee Institute of Management Studies named after the intrepid entrepreneur the Late Shri. Narsee Monjee. NMIMS made a humble beginning in 1981, as a Management Institute of the Mumbai University, offering two year full time Masters program in Management Studies, with 4 full time faculty, 3162 books and an intake of 40 students, above Bhaidas Hall, Vile Parle (west).
National Assessment & Accreditation Council [NAAC] re-accreditation awarded NMIMS (Deemed University) an ‘A’ grade, with a score between 85-90%. NMIMS has also been awarded by the Golden Peacock National Training Award for the year 2011. NMIMS-MBA Program awarded A+++ rating ( the highest rating) by CRISIL 2010-11. In 2011-12 MBA Program was again rated A+++ by CRISIL.
NMIMS-SBM consistently ranks among the top 15 business schools in India. It was ranked #9 by MBA Universe's 2014 Rankings, conducted by Dr. Mendu Rammohan Rao, Former Dean, Indian School of Business & Former Director, IIM Bangalore. Earlier it was pegged at #5 by MBA Universe's 2013 Rankings, which were conducted under former IIM Ahmedabad director, Dr. Bakul Dholakia. As per Business World's 2014 rankings, the institute has been nationally ranked at #2 in Industry Interaction. Business Today's 2014 rankings  pegged NMIMS-SBM at #11.
- Avani Davda, CEO at Starbucks India-Tata global beverage and Starbucks tie-up.
- Harish Iyer is an activist for a number of socio-cultural and environmental issues.
- Kavita Hurry, MD & CEO, ING Vysaya Mutual Funds
- Rajesh Bhojani, President Sales, UTI Asset Management Co. Ltd.
- Kaku Nakhate, Chief, Bank of America Merrill Lynch, India
- Rajiv Narula, Licensing Executive for Microsoft, India
- Rakesh Khanna, President, Syntel Inc.
- Vipul Jhaveri, Director, JM Financial
- Raghuram Iyer, Head of Marketing and Sales, Emerging Media Ltd.
- Vijay Chandok, Senior General Manager & Global Head, ICICI Bank’s SME Banking division
- Prasad Kapre, Business Director DTC, De Beers Group of Marketing
- Bipin Vengsarkar, President-Sales, JL Morison
- Press Room: News - Latest from NMIMS Archived 18 June 2011 at WebCite
- "MBA Universe's 2013 rankings".