Narsee Monjee Institute of Management Studies
|This article needs additional citations for verification. (June 2014)|
|Narsee Monjee Institute of Management Studies|
|Students||over 5000 |
|Location||Mumbai, Maharashtra, India|
Narsee Monjee Institute of Management Studies (NMIMS) is a private university located in Mumbai, Maharashtra, India. This institute was established in 1981 by the parent body Shri Vile Parle Kelavani Mandal. It has been awarded "Five Star" rating and "A" grade by the NAAC and UGC respectively. NMIMS has also been awarded the ISO 9001:2000 Certification by ICL in 2004 and a "A***" rating by CRISIL. The institute was granted "Deemed University" status by the UGC in 2003 and can hence grant full academic degrees on its students. It has campuses in Mumbai, Shirpur, Bengaluru and Hyderabad. It offers courses/programs across diverse fields such as Management, Technology, Science, Architecture, Pharmacy, Commerce and Economics.
Community and Clubs
The Student Council is the apex body of SBM, NMIMS. The Student Council acts as a formal channel of communication between the administration, the faculty and the students. It is the first point of contact for all external parties to the Institute. It also organizes the SBM’s flagship Business and Cultural fests in coordination with other student cells.
- Placement Cell: The Placement Cell facilitates the Summer and Final Placements process of School of Business Management, NMIMS.
- Industry Institute Partnership Cell (IIPC): Industry Institute Partnership Cell provides the students of SBM, NMIMS an exposure to the business world by developing and sustaining a symbiotic relationship with corporate world.
- Alumni Relations Cell: The cell is dedicated to maintaining a strong network of its alumni so that they always remain connected to their Alma Mater and each other. Alumni meets are organized in Mumbai, Delhi, Kolkata, Bangalore and Hyderabad and also at International locations like London, New York and Dubai.
- Social Responsibility Forum (SRF) : SRF is the student body of NMIMS that strives to promote social sensitivity amongst MBA students by executing various short-term and long-term civic engagement activities.
- Finomenon: The core ideology of Finomenon is to cultivate interest in finance as an Academic discipline 
- Not just marketing (NjM): Not Just Marketing (NJM), the Marketing Cell at NMIMS is a congregation of creative minds that blend passion and enthusiasm in the pursuit of marketing and related domains. 
- Optumiz: Optumiz is the Operations and Supply Chain Cell of NMIMS. The cell continues with a commitment to enrich the student community with knowledge about the current trends and developments in the field of operations.
- SummIT: SummIT is the Information Technology Cell of NMIMS. The members of the club have an inclination for understanding IT business needs and its potential in changing the way business Is conducted around the world as well as activities in the institute.
- HRuday : Hruday is the Human Resource cell of NMIMS.
Interest Based Cells
- Adverb: Adverb is the Advertising and Media cell of SBM, NMIMS which encourages students to think out of the box as well as keeps them updated about the notable activities and developments in the world of advertisement.
- E-Cell: E-Cell is an Entrepreneurship Cell of SBM, NMIMS. Students are provided with mentorship by the cell in order to go ahead with their ideas along with access to a wide network of venture capitalists by their association with National Entrepreneurship Network (NEN) and Mumbai Angels.
- Ecolibria: Ecolibria is the Economics Cell at SBM, NMIMS. It has been instituted with the purpose of promoting Economic excellence & thought, including the application of economics in Business.
- Mantavya: Mantavya is the Quizzing and Literary cell of SBM, NMIMS.
- Nepathya: Nepathya is the cultural cell of SBM, NMIMS.
Paragana is the Annual Business and Management Festival of SBM, NMIMS. Derived from the Sanskrit language, PARAGANA means Pollination – the beginning of new Life. Through nine years of its existence, the seeds have germinated and PARAGANA has blossomed into one of country’s biggest B-School festivals. Over the years, NMIMS has witnessed the presence of eminent personalities like Gurcharan Das, Shashi Tharoor, Nitin Paranjpe , Ajit Balakrishnan, Mohandas Pai, Prahlad Kakkar, Ronnie Screwvala, Viren Rasquinha, and Dr. JP Narayan as a part of Corporate Seminar Series. Moreover, bands like Indian Ocean and Agnee have performed at Paragana in past.
Started with a humble beginning in 1988 as an inter B School festival, Euphoria has gone onto become the flagship Cultural Festival of NMIMS which sees participation from B-Schools and UG colleges from across the country. It is a host to a number of events spanning across multiple disciplines which provides a platform for the students to showcase their talent and test their caliber. Euphoria has also witnessed presence of DJ Aqeel and DJ Suketu in past.
TEDxNMIMS aims to utilize TED’s education style to create a thought provoking event for the community at NMIMS, Mumbai. With this event, NMIMS aims to create more than a day filled with information and hope to challenge established thinking and encourage the community to look at new ideas. 
- Akshay Grover, Associate Director, Ernst & Young
- Amit Gupte, Managing Director, Bank of America
- Arijit Sarkar, Director, India Operations, Google
- Aruna Jayanthi, CEO, Capgemini 
- Avani Davda, CEO, Starbucks India 
- Bhaskar Sharma, General Manager, Red Bull
- Jagadish Mahapatra, Managing Director, McAfee 
- Japan Vyas, Director, IDFC Investment Advisors Ltd
- Kaku Nakhate, President and Country Head, Bank of America
- Kunal Kapadia, Director, Credit Suisse
- Manoj Gupte, Executive Director, Morgan Stanley
- Rajesh Relan, Head Bancassurance-Asia, PNB Metlife 
- Rakesh Mohan, Chairman and Managing Director, Unilever Malaysia
- Seema Modi, Managing Director, Heinz India 
- Shailesh Chaturvedi, CEO, Tommy Hilfiger 
- Soumen Sircar, Managing Director, Bank of America
- Vikas Bahl, Movie Director
- Press Room: News - Latest from NMIMS Archived 18 June 2011 at WebCite
- NMAT Entrance Exam