|Directed by||Kamalakara Kameswara Rao|
|Produced by||Lakshmi Rajyam
|Written by||Samudrala Raghavacharya|
|Starring||N. T. Rama Rao
|Music by||Susarla Dakshinamurthy|
|11 October 1963|
Nartanasala also written as Nartanashala (Telugu: నర్తనశాల English:The Dance Hall) was a 1963, Indian epic mythological, Telugu film written by Samudrala Raghavacharya and directed by Kamalakara Kameshwara Rao. It was produced by Rajyam Pictures in Black and White. The film was a blockbuster. The film received awards for best production design and best actor to S. V. Ranga Rao, at the Indonesian Film Festival. The film is cited among CNN-IBN's list of hundred greatest Indian films of all time. The film won the National Film Award for Second Best Feature Film in 1963 at the 11th National Film Awards, and has secured the Filmfare Award for Best Telugu Film.
|Nandamuri Taraka Rama Rao||Arjuna/Bruhannala|
|S. V. Ranga Rao||Keechaka|
|Mikkilineni Radhakrishna Murthy||Dharmaraju|
|Relangi Venkata Ramaiah||Uttara Kumara|
|Dr. Prabhakar Reddy||Karna|
|Tadepalli Lakshmi Kanta Rao||Lord Krishna|
|Vangara Venkata Subbaiah|
|C. Lakshmi Rajyam||Subhadra|
|Pahilvan Nellore Kanta Rao||Jeemuthamalludu|
- Producers : Lakshmi Rajyam C. and Sridhara Rao.
- Original Music : Susarla Dakshinamurthi
- Cinematography : M.A. Rehman
- Film Editing : S.P.S. Veerappa
- Art Direction : Pratibha Sarma and T.V.S. Sarma.
- Second Unit Director : Ram Gopal Madhavapeddi
- Sound : S. Rama Rao
- Choreographer : Peda Satyam Vempati
- Playback singers : Mangalampalli Balamuralikrishna, S. Janaki, Bangalore Lata, Ghantasala, Madhavapeddi Satyam and P. Susheela
|1.||"Jaya Gana Nayaka"||Samudrala||Ghantasala, S. Janaki||05:15|
|2.||"Dariki Raboku Raboku Raaja"||Samudrala||P. Susheela||03:01|
|3.||"Evari Kosam Ee Mandahasam"||Sri Sri||Ghantasala, P. Susheela||03:05|
|4.||"Janani Shiva Kaamini"||Samudrala||P. Susheela||03.54|
|5.||"Naravaraa O Kuruvaraa"||Samudrala||S. Janaki||04:13|
|6.||"Salalita Raga Sudharasa Saaram"||Samudrala||Mangalampalli Balamuralikrishna, Bangalore Lata|
|7.||"Sakhiya Vivarinchave"||Samudrala||P. Susheela||02:43|
- Nartanasala has been screened in Jakarta International Film Festival. S.V. Ranga Rao won the best actor award and T.V.S. Sharma the best art director award.
- The film won All India Certificate of Merit for the Second Best Feature Film in 1963 at 11th National Film Awards.
- This film won Filmfare Award for Best Film – Telugu (1963) awardee is Lakshmi Rajyam
- Dandamudi Rajagopal who acted as Bhima in this film participated thrice in the Olympic games in 1948,1952 and 1956 in the field of Weightlifting.
NTR's Brihannala character and dance is much apreciated. It's legend that NTR gone to learn koochupudi dance to perform this character.
- "11th National Film Awards". International Film Festival of India. Retrieved September 13, 2011.
- "Directorate of Film Festival" (PDF). Iffi.nic.in. Retrieved 2012-08-25.
- 100 Years of Indian Cinema: The 100 land mark Indian films of all time|Movies News Photos-IBNLive
- Remember the Titans in The Hindu.