Naseer Aruri is an American professor and author of several books on the Israeli-Palestinian conflict. He is the Chancellor Professor (Emeritus) of Political Science at the University of Massachusetts Dartmouth, where he taught from 1965 to 1998.
Aruri was born in Jerusalem in 1934. He immigrated to the United States in 1954, and attended the American International College in Massachusetts. He later received his Ph.D. from the University of Massachusetts Amherst.
In 1983, he helped found the Arab Organization for Human Rights (AOHR). From 1984-1990, Aruri was elected to three consecutive terms on the Board of Directors of Amnesty International, USA, and served on the Board of Directors of Human Rights Watch/Middle East from 1990 to 1992. He was also a member of the Board of Directors of the International Institute for Criminal Investigations (affiliated with the International Criminal Court) in The Hague, until 2004, when he moved to the advisory board of the same organization. He is currently the Chair of the Board of Directors of the Trans-Arab Research Institute and a member of the Board of Directors of the Jerusalem Fund and its Palestine Center Committee.
Aruri is also the author of several books on the Israeli-Palestinian conflict, and has been a frequent commentator on the situation in the Middle East. He was an outspoken critic of the Oslo Peace Process, and has widely criticized the United States for its negative role in the region. Aruri has spoken at hundreds of U.S. colleges and universities, and has lectured at McGill University in Montreal, Canada, Kuwait University, and Bir Zeit University in the West Bank.
- Jordan: A Study in Political Development 1923–1965. The Hague: Martinus Nijhoff Publishers. 1972. ISBN 978-90-247-1217-5.
- Occupation: Israel Over Palestine (Editor) (1983)
- The Obstruction of Peace: The U.S., Israel, and the Palestinians (1995)
- Revising Culture, Reinventing Peace: The Influence of Edward W. Said (Co-editor) (Interlink, 2001)
- Palestinian Refugees: The Right of Return (Editor) (Pluto Press, 2001)
- Dishonest Broker: America's Role in Israel and Palestine (South End Press, 2003)
- Palestine and the Palestinians: A Social and Political History (with Samih Farsoun) (Westview Press, 2006)
- Profile of Naseer Aruri at the Institute for Middle East Understanding
- "Naseer Aruri to speak at UW-Eau Claire forum", University of Wisconsin-Eau Claire, 29 October 2001
- "Personality: Naseer Aruri", The Washington Report on Middle East Affairs, June 1987
- Biography of Naseer Aruri at Selves and Others
- "Oslo: Cover for Territorial Conquest - An Interview with Naseer Aruri", International Socialist Review, December 2000-January 2001
|This Palestinian biographical article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This biography of an American political scientist is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|