|Produced by||Rajan Thalipparambu (Doha)|
Muktha Elsa George
|Distributed by||Marikkar Filims|
Nasrani is a 2007 Malayalam action drama film starring Mammootty and directed by Joshiy and produced by Rajan Thaliparambu. Story, Screenplay and Dialogues are by Ranjith. The film tells the story of a typical Achayan from a Syrian Catholic family in Travancore.
Mammootty is David John Kottarathil, a rich unrestrained planter, known popularly by the fancy name D K. He spends most of his time boozing in the company of his friends in the Cosmo Club, in which he is the care taker and the secretary. He has got a little of tragic stories behind him as his father John accidentally kills Eappachayan, the father of his lady love and is on jail for life. This episode on their engagement day forced D K to stay back from marrying Sara Eapen, a college lecturer, even after 10 years from the incident.
David always roam around enjoying life with his driver Sukumaran (Kalabhavan Mani) and is always their to solve the problems of the club. The story takes a turn when Annie (Mukta) a medical student and Sara's half sister who is taken cared by David, is accused by the police for committing the murder of Benny, an upcoming politician and the son of political king and former Revenue Minister M C Paul (Vijayraghavan) . With supportive evidences and witnesses, Police is all the way around to seize the girl who is said to have taken revenge and killed the future prospects of Malankara Congress, for having ditched one of her best friend who committed suicide following Benny's rejection!
The only way out for D K is now to find out and bring in the original culprits before the public and the law. And in the way, he is also to expose the family leadership pattern that is inherent in many parties including Malankara Congress and the police- politician nexus that is threatening the state.
- Mammotty as David John Kottarathil/ DK
- Vimala Raman as Sara Eapen
- Muktha Elsa George as Annie
- Bharath Gopi as Adv. Narayana Swami
- Captain Raju as John Kottarathil (DK's father)
- Jagathy Sreekumar as Oommachen (Political leader)
- Vijayaraghavan as M.C. Paul (Political leader)
- Biju Menon as Xavier Paul (Elder son of M.C.Paul)
- Kalabhavan Mani as Sukumaran (Asst. of DK)
- Lalu Alex as SP Rajagopal (DK's friend)
- Arun as Benny Paul (Younger son of M.C.Paul)
- Maniyanpilla Raju as Kunjachen (DK's friend)
- Baburaj as Zaeed (DK's friend)
- Janardhanan as Thampi
- Riza Bava as Palappallil Eapen (Father of Sara)
- Innocent as Fr. Pulikoottil
- Santhosh Jogi As chudan baiju
- Devan as Thampan Joseph
- Babu Namboothiri as Varghese
- Anil Murali
- Sreelatha Namboothiri
- Biju Pappan As Unni
- Radhika as Archana Shankar
- K. P. A. C. Lalitha as Nun
- Sukumari as Annammachedathi
- Ponnamma Babu
- Ramesh Pisharody as Biju, channel reporter (cameo)
- P. Sreekumar
|2||"Kaanana Nizhalin"||Pradeep Palluruthy|
- "Nasrani Malayalam movie preview". http://www.webindia123.com/. Retrieved 26 April 2010.
- http://www.indiaglitz.com/channels/malayalam/article/34093.html Bumper initials for Nasrani
- "Treat in store for film buffs". The Hindu. 30 October 2007. Retrieved 2 March 2011.