Friedman held the post of CEO of Ximian from 1999 to 2001 when Ximian brought in David Patrick as an external CEO after the company raised fifteen million dollars of venture capital. Before Ximian, Friedman worked on the GNU ROPE project, and interned at Silicon Graphics and Microsoft. In 1999, he received a Bachelor of Science in Computer Science and Mathematics from the Massachusetts Institute of Technology.
- "Ximian Founder Nat Friedman Leaves Novell". Linux Magazine Online. January 8, 2010. Retrieved 2010-03-07.
- Brian Still; Kirk St Amant (2007). Handbook of Research on Open Source Software: Technological, Economic, and Social Perspectives. IGI Global. p. 595. ISBN 1-59140-999-3.
- "Xamarin". "In the past year, my wife and I have visited 20 different countries(...). I’m excited to report that I’m joining Xamarin as co-founder and CEO this week."
- "28 October 2001". "My uncle is in this remake of Bonanza that shows on PAX every Sunday at 9pm. He plays a French cowboy they call “Frenchy.” Yeah"
- Nat's blog
- Linux Link Tech Show interview (audio), 2005
- Linux Link Tech Show interview (audio), 2006
|This biographical article relating to a computer specialist in the United States is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|