Nat Geo Wild
|Nat Geo Wild|
Nat Geo Wild logo
|Launched||August 21, 2006 (Asia)
March 1, 2007 (Europe, Israel, South Africa)
September 9, 2008 (France)
October 14, 2007 (Italy)
July 31, 2009 (India)
July 2009 (Romania)
November 1, 2009 (Latin America)
November 15, 2009 (Australia)
March 29, 2010 (United States)
August 30, 2010 (Malaysia)
October 4, 2011 (Spain)
May 7, 2012 (Canada)
|Owned by||National Geographic Society
Fox Cable Networks
(21st Century Fox)
|Picture format||576i (SDTV)
480i 16:9 letterbox format (US)
720p (HDTV US)
Dare to Explore
Follow your instincts
|Headquarters||Washington, District of Columbia|
|Replaced||Adventure One (UK)
Fox Reality Channel (United States)
|Sister channel(s)||Nat Geo
Nat Geo Music
|DStv (South Africa)||Channel 182|
|Indovision (Indonesia)||Channel 204|
|Yes (Israel)||Channel 36|
|Dish TV (India)||Channel 471|
|Dialog TV (Sri Lanka)||Channel 45|
|Foxtel/Austar (Australia)||Channel 616 (SD/HD)
Channel 1616 (SD)
|Aora TV (Indonesia)||Channel 201|
|TVB Pay Vision (Hong Kong)||Channel 67|
|DirecTV (US)||283 (SD/HD)
|Dish Network (US)||190 (SD/HD)|
|Astro Malaysia||Channel 550|
|DishHD Taiwan||Channel 6192|
|Skylife Korean||Channel 84 (HD)|
|Cignal Digital TV Philippines||Channel 77|
|Verizon FiOS||Channel 132 (SD)
Channel 632 (HD)
|StarHub TV Singapore||Channel 413 (SD)
Channel 459 (HD)
|First Media Indonesia||Channel 111 (SD)
Channel 361 (HD)
|HOT Israel||Channel 45 (HD 545 )|
|Cable TV Hong Kong Hong Kong||Channel 50|
|Kbro Taiwan||Channel 97|
|TOP UP TV Thailand||Channel 7|
|Parasat Cable TV Philippines||Channel 320|
|MediaNet Maldives||Channel 402
Channel 805 (HD)
|SkyCable Philippines||Channel 66 (SD)
Channel 193 (HD)
|Macau Cable TV Macau||Channel 53|
|Destiny Cable Philippines||Channel 82|
|Cablelink Philippines||Channel 57|
|Available on many US cable providers||Check local listings|
|HKBN bbTV Hong Kong||Channel 303|
|now TV Hong Kong||Channel 216|
|TrueIPTV Thailand||Channel 18|
|QOOK TV South Korea||Channel 453|
|AT&T U-verse||Channel 266|
|Mio TV(Singapore)||Channel 207(HD)|
Nat Geo Wild (stylized as Nat Geo WILD or abbreviated as NGW) is a cable/satellite TV channel focused on animal-related programs. It is a sister network to National Geographic Channel and it is the latest channel to be jointly launched by the National Geographic Society and Fox Cable Networks. It first launched in Hong Kong on January 1, 2006, focusing primarily on wildlife and natural history programming. The channel later launched in the United Kingdom, Turkey, Ireland, Romania, India, Vietnam, and Poland replacing the now defunct Adventure One. The channel remains the world's first bilingual wildlife service, available in English and Cantonese in the Hong Kong market as well as Tagalog in The Philippines. The channel launched in Latin America on November 1, 2009 as a high definition channel. In 2010, it launched in the United States.
As of August 2013, approximately 57,833,000 American households (50.64% of households with television) receive Nat Geo Wild.
In Asia, the channel is carried on the StarHub TV and Now TV subscription services. Showtime Arabia carries the channel for Middle Eastern viewers. The channel launched in South Korea on April 16, 2009. The channel launched in India on July 31, 2009. The channel also launched in Israel on July 23, 2008. Some shows in Nat Geo Wild are aired in Tagalog in the Philippines
The Asian version of the channel launched into Australia on November 15, 2009 on Austar and Foxtel. The high definition version launched on Foxtel on November 1, 2010. Although it was expected to launch on Austar in late 2010/early 2011, however the channel isn't launching until 1 July 2012 after Foxtel brought Austar
The channel launched on March 1, 2007 in Europe, and now reaches up to 10.5 million homes in the UK via subscription providers Sky and Virgin Media. In Ireland it has more than 500,000 viewers on its UPC Ireland service and Sky Digital.
The Latin American version of the channel launched on November 1, 2009.
The channel launched in the United States on March 29, 2010, replacing Fox Reality Channel. Providers that carried it at launch include Time Warner Cable, Comcast, Cox Communications, Verizon Fios and AT&T U-verse. Dish Network did not reach a carriage agreement at launch, but began to broadcast the channel on April 19, 2010. DirecTV didn't carry it at launch either, but added it on June 30, 2010. Dish Network, Time Warner Cable, Cablevision, Brighthouse Networks, Verizon FiOS, and AT&T U-verse carry the channel in 720p high definition. DirecTV added the HD feed on August 15, 2012.
- National Geographic Channel
- National Geographic Channel Australia
- National Geographic Channel (UK)
- National Geographic Society
- Nat Geo Adventure
- "National Geographic Channels International launches new channel - Nat Geo Wild" (Press release). National Geographic Channels (International). August 10, 2006. Retrieved February 8, 2010.
- "National Geographic Channel set to go wild" (Press release). National Geographic Channels (International). December 7, 2006. Archived from the original on May 23, 2008. Retrieved February 8, 2010.
- "Shaw Media | Shaw Media invites viewers to get wildly close to animals with the launch of Nat Geo Wild". Newswire.ca. Retrieved 2013-05-02.
- "Dstv.Com". Dstv.Com. Retrieved 2013-05-02.
- Seidman, Robert (August 23, 2013). "List of How Many Homes Each Cable Networks Is In - Cable Network Coverage Estimates As Of August 2013". TV by the Numbers. Zap2it. Retrieved September 5, 2013.
- "HOW TO GET THE CHANNEL - National Geographic Channel - Sub-Saharan Africa". Natgeotv.com. Retrieved 2013-05-02.
- "SPEED is on the air". 'David Knox'. Retrieved 2010-11-02.
- David Knox. "Foxtel completes Austar merger". TV Tonight. Retrieved 2012-05-24.
- Broadcasting Decision CRTC 2012-218
- "Fox Reality Goes Wild as Nat Geo Spinoff". Reuters. 2009-10-16. Retrieved 2009-10-16.
- Nat Geo Wild official website
- On August 15 four exciting channels will be available in eye-popping HD! DirecTV press release, August 15, 2012
- Nat Geo Wild - Australia
- Nat Geo Wild - Canada
- Nat Geo Wild - Germany
- Nat Geo Wild - Poland
- Nat Geo Wild - Romania