Natalie Barr, January 2012
|Born||Natalie Anne Barr
19 March 1968
Bunbury, Western Australia, Australia
|Occupation||Journalist, news and TV presenter|
|Children||Lachlan and Hunter|
Barr attended Bunbury Catholic College as head girl in her final year and then studied journalism at Curtin University. She worked in newspaper, radio and television journalism, including stints at the Wanneroo Times and Golden West Network, before moving to Los Angeles and working for KABC, KTLA and KCOP. While there she was awarded a Golden Mic for best newscast writing and was nominated for a Los Angeles area Emmy Award for her work on the O.J. Simpson car chase.
Barr joined Seven News in Sydney as a reporter in 1994 and also presented afternoon news updates.
Barr has been the news presenter on the Seven Network's Sunrise since 2002, after a stint as fill-in presenter over summer proved her popularity with the audience. She has previously presented other bulletins at Seven including Seven Morning News and Seven Late News, and Weekend Sunrise.
In July 2008, Barr began presenting Seven Early News alongside Mark Beretta at 5.30am, which leads into Sunrise where she is still the news presenter. Barr is also the regular fill in for Samantha Armytage on Sunrise.
Barr co-hosted Carols in the Domain in 2011 and 2012
In December 2014, Barr broke down on-air when she recognized the name of one of the victims of the 2014 Sydney hostage crisis, Katrina Dawson, as the sister of a lawyer who previously worked for the Seven Network. The Seven Network studio is opposite the site of the siege.
- "Sunrise plays catch up to Today Show". news.com.au. 2008-07-12. Retrieved 2008-07-12.
- Reines, Ros (2008-12-21). "Sunday night suspense". news.com.au. Retrieved 2009-03-27.
- "Sydney siege: Reporter breaks down when she reveals she knows brother of victim". Daily Telegraph. 2014-12-16. Retrieved 2014-12-16.
- VIP Mum Profile: Natalie Barr
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Natalie Barr.|
- The Sunrise Family
- Arrival gate Q&A - Natalie Barr
- EntertainOZ celebrity speakers
- Natalie Barr at the Internet Movie Database
2002 - present
|Seven Early News
2008 - present