|Birth name||Andrea Natasha Law|
Lewisham, London, England
Law was born in London, the first child of comprehensive school teachers Margaret Anne (née Heyworth) and Peter Robert Law. She is older sister to actor Jude Law. She gained experience of acting at the The Bob Hope Theatre (then called the Eltham Little Theatre) in Eltham, performing Teenage Follies in 1982. She went on to study art at the Camberwell College of Arts in South London. She now lives in Peckham, London with her husband and three children.
Natasha Law is known for her inky sexy line drawings, which lie on the boundaries between art and fashion. Her work also features strong and evident erotic undertones, normally symbolized by effortless females in high heels and knickers. She has won many celebrity admirers including the likes of Jo Whiley and Sex and the City's Kim Cattrall.
Her paintings are created with general household paints. She starts by photographing and sketching her model, then projects the image onto an aluminium panel to determine how it will be cropped. Paint is then applied to the metal, building up several layers to produce areas of strong colour.
She was illustrator of Camilla Morton's book How To Walk In High Heels: The Girl's Guide To Everything, published in 2006.
Natasha Law is represented in by Eleven Fine Art in London and New York City based dealer Blair Clarke of Voltz Clarke LLC.
- Birth, Marriage & Death Index - England & Wales
- "My Secret Life: Natasha Law, artist". The Independent. 12 January 2008. Retrieved 2012-04-26.
- "Gallery Artists - Natasha Law". Eleven. Retrieved 2012-04-26.
- Annie Fong (25 April 2012). "Zizzi sign up Natasha Law for Design Competition". Glass Magazine. Retrieved 2012-04-26.
- "Fresh Talent". Zizzi. Retrieved 2012-04-26.
- Camilla Morton (25 June 2009). How To Walk In High Heels: The Girl's Guide To Everything. Hodder & Stoughton. ISBN 978-1-84894-130-4. Retrieved 26 April 2012.