31 August 1988
Štip, SFR Yugoslavia
|Alma mater||St. Cyril and Methodius University|
Nataša Petrović (Macedonian: Наташа Петровиќ; Serbian: Наташа Петровић; born 31 August 1988), also known as Natasha Petrovic, is a Macedonian actress of Serbian descent. She made her on–screen debut in 2007 Macedonian film Shadows by Milčo Mančevski, and reached a worldwide success with 2010 film As If I Am Not There by Juanita Wilson, which has been selected as the Irish entry for the Best Foreign Language Film at the 84th Academy Awards.
Petrovic made her on–screen debut with a small role in Shadows, a 2007 Macedonian film directed by Milčo Mančevski. In 2009, she landed the lead role in Irish film As If I Am Not There, directed by Juanita Wilson, which premiered in 2010. Although most of the film is shot in Serbo-Croatian language, it has been selected as the Irish entry for the Best Foreign Language Film at the 84th Academy Awards. As If I Am Not There garnered positive reviews, while Petrovic's personal performance earned her Seattle International Film Festival Award for Best Actress, as well as the Irish Film and Television Award for Best International Actress and Milan International Film Festival Award for Best Acting Performance – Female nominations.
At the 61st Berlin International Film Festival, Petrovic was one of ten Eurropean actors — including Andrea Riseborough, Clara Lago, Alexander Fehling, and Domhnall Gleeson — that were presented the Shooting Stars Award by the European Film Promotion. American magazine Variety also named her as one of the most promising actresses today. In 2011, Petrovic made her stage debut as Célimène in The Misanthrope by Molière. The same year, she played Elikia in The Sound of Cracking Bones by Suzanne Lebeau.
Petrovic is fluent in Macedonian, Serbian, English, Bosnian, German, Bulgarian, Italian and Spanish. She has been studying drama at the St. Cyril and Methodius University since 2007, and is expected to graduate in 2011. Petrovic has been compared to the triple Academy Award winner Ingrid Bergman for her beauty and talent.
|As If I Am Not There||2010||Samira||European Film Promotion Shooting Stars Award
Seattle International Film Festival Award for Best Actress
Nominated—Irish Film and Television Award for Best International Actress
Nominated—Milan International Film Festival Award for Best Acting Performance – Female
|The Misanthrope||2011||Célimène||The Theatra Theatre Skopje|
|The Sound of Cracking Bones||2011||Elikia||The Theatra Theatre Skopje|
Awards and nominations
|Shooting Stars Awards||2011||Shooting Star||—||Won|
|Irish Film and Television Awards||2011||Best International Actress||As If I Am Not There||Nominated|
|Milan International Film Festival Awards||2011||Best Acting Performance – Female||As If I Am Not There||Nominated|
|Seattle International Film Festival Awards||2011||Best Actress||As If I Am Not There||Won|
- "Наташа Петровић у филму "Као да ме нема"". The Cultural–Information Center of Serbs in Macedonia (in Serbian). 24 October 2011. Retrieved 12 November 2011.
- Melidonian, Teni (13 October 2011). "63 Countries Vie for 2011 Foreign Language Film Oscar". Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences. Retrieved 12 November 2011.
- "2011 Award Winners". Seattle International Film Festival. 12 June 2011. Retrieved 12 November 2011.
- "Winners of the 8th annual Irish Film and Television Awards". Irish Film and Television Awards. Retrieved 12 November 2011.
- "Natasha Petrovic". Milan International Film Festival. Retrieved 12 November 2011.
- Nass, Markus (14 February 2011). "Shooting Stars 2011 honoured". European Film Promotion Shooting Stars. Retrieved 12 November 2011.
- Lazarevska, Suzana (16 February 2011). "Наташа Петровиќ – актерка со иднина според "Варајати"". Mnogoo Entertainment (in Macedonian). Retrieved 12 November 2011.
- "Natasha Petrovic, Célimène vo "Mizantrop"". YouTube (in Macedonian). 30 March 2011. Retrieved 12 November 2011.
- "Natasha Petrovic, Elikia vo "Zvukot na koskite shto se krshat"". YouTube (in Macedonian). 3 October 2011. Retrieved 12 November 2011.
- "Natasha Petrovic, FYR of Macedonia". European Film Promotion Shooting Stars. Retrieved 12 November 2011.
- Zafirova, Marija. "Biography for Natasa Petrovic". Internet Movie Database. Retrieved 12 November 2011.
- "Штипјанката Наташа Петровиќ меѓу десетте најуспешни млади актери на Европа". Municipality of Štip (in Macedonian). 15 February 2011. Retrieved 12 November 2011.