24 June 1985 |
Cairns, Queensland, Australia
|Height||187 cm (6 ft 2 in)|
|Weight||105 kg (16 st 7 lb)|
|Position||Prop, Second-row, Lock|
|2012–||Gold Coast Titans||42||3||0||0||12|
|2007–11||Prime Minister's XIII||3||0||0||0||0|
|2010||NRL All Stars||1||0||0||0||0|
|Source: Rugby League Project|
Nate Myles (born 24 June 1985) is an Australian professional rugby league footballer for the Gold Coast Titans of National Rugby League. A Queensland State of Origin and Australia national representative forward, he previously played for Sydney clubs the Bulldogs and Roosters.
As 2004 NRL premiers, the Bulldogs faced Super League IX champions, the Leeds Rhinos in the 2005 World Club Challenge. Myles played from the interchange bench in the Bulldogs' 32-39 loss.In 2006 he was picked to represent Queensland in the State of Origin competition. In 2006, Myles was charged with drink driving following a Melbourne Cup luncheon. Sydney Roosters imposed a fine of $10,000, 20 hours of community charity work and forced him to undergo alcohol counselling
In April 2009, he was named in the preliminary 25 man squad to represent Queensland in the opening State of Origin match for 2009. Following another alcohol-related incident on 5 July 2009, Myles was suspended for six matches by the NRL. Myles was found at 8:00:am drunk and naked on the fire escape of at the Crowne Plaza in Terrigal, New South Wales. He had earlier tried to gain entry into one of the hotel's rooms while naked, and had also defecated in the hotel's corridor. This incident was referenced by the media as "Dumpgate '09".
Myles was selected to play in all three matches of the 2012 State of Origin series, being awarded the Wally Lewis Medal as man of the series, which was won by Queensland for the seventh consecutive year. At the 2012 Dally M Awards Myles was named the NRL's second-row forward of the year. He was also named the 2012 Gold Coast Titans season's best player and awarded the club's annual Paul Broughton Medal.
He was named a Titans co-captain for 2013 alongside Greg Bird. Myles was selected for Australia in the 2013 ANZAC Test and played from the interchange bench. In what was the first test match ever played in Canberra, New Zealand were defeated. Myles played all three games of the 2013 State of Origin series in which Queensland extended their record for consecutive series victories to eight.
- http://www.ntnews.news.com.au/common/story_page/0,7034,20725830%255E23214,00.html Northern Territory News, 8 June 2006. Story: " Myles fined for drink-driving"
- Liam FitzGibbon (2008-08-01). "Surprises in Kangaroos squad". "Fox Sports News (Australia)". Retrieved 2008-08-02.
- "Veteran Lockyer named in Australian squad". International Herald Tribune. 2008-08-01. Retrieved 2008-08-02.
- "Queensland name preliminary State of Origin squad". Fox Sports. 2009-04-28. Retrieved 2009-04-28.
- Davies, Rebecca (7 January 2011). "Showbiz - News - 'H&A' actress engaged to sports star - Digital Spy". Digital Spy. Retrieved 20 January 2011.
- Confidential reporters (10 January 2012). "Soap starlet James weds her rugby star". Herald Sun. Retrieved 10 January 2012.
- News Limited (4 September 2012). "All the Dally M winners plus galleries". Herald Sun. Retrieved 5 September 2012.