Nate Newton (musician)
||This biographical article needs additional citations for verification. (May 2010)|
Nate Newton performing with Converge at the Eurockéennes in 2007
|Genres||Hardcore punk, mathcore, heavy metal|
|Instruments||Bass, guitar, vocals|
|Associated acts||Lift, Jesuit, Converge, Old Man Gloom, Doomriders, Cavalera Conspiracy|
|Fender Precision Bass|
Before relocating to the Boston area and joining Converge in 1999, he was in the Virginia Beach area hardcore punk bands Lift, Jesuit, Channel, Edison and Dwell. Jesuit, Edison, and Channel also featured Brian Benoit of Dillinger Escape Plan.
In 2007, he contributed guest vocals on the songs "Responsibles" and "Tread on the Neck of Kings" from the album "Prey for Eyes" by the Boston, MA band The Red Chord and has been featured as a guest vocalist with many other bands such as The Hope Conspiracy, Coliseum, Some Kind of Hate, Mi Amore, The Ocean Collective, and Young Widows to name just a few.
In late 2013, Newton was recruited by Cavalera Conspiracy to contribute on bass guitar for their third studio album.
- '78 Fender Precision Bass Special
- '06 Fender Precision Bass Standard
- First Act Custom Shop Delgada
- Epiphone Precision Bass
- Orange Thunderverb 200
- Orange AD200B
- Ampeg 8x10 Anniversary SVT
- Ampeg 2x15 SVT
As band member
- Jesuit (1996)
- Jesuit (1999)
- Discography (2011)
- The Poacher Diaries (1999)
- Deeper the Wound (2001)
- Jane Doe (2001)
- You Fail Me (2004)
- No Heroes (2006)
- Axe to Fall (2009)
- All We Love We Leave Behind (2012)
With Old Man Gloom
- Seminar II: The Holy Rites of Primitivism Regressionism (2001)
- Seminar III: Zozobra (2001)
- Christmas Eve I and II + 6 (2003)
- Christmas (2004)
- No (2012)
With Cavalera Conspiracy
- Pandemonium (2014)
|2003||Some Kind of Hate||Some Kind of Hate (EP)|
|2006||The Hope Conspiracy||Death Knows Your Name|
|2007||The Red Chord||Prey for Eyes|
|2008||Clouds||We Are Above You|
|2008||Young Widows||Old Wounds|
|2009||Rise and Fall||Our Circle Is Vicious|
- "Nate Newton of Converge". Bass Player. March 9, 2010. Retrieved January 20, 2014.
- Proefrock, Stacia. "Biography: Converge". AMG. Retrieved 12 May 2010.
- York, William. "Biography: Old Man Groove". AMG. Retrieved 12 May 2010.
- Adams, Gregory (January 2, 2014). "Cavalera Conspiracy Get Nate Newton to Play Bass on Next LP". Exclaim!. Retrieved January 2, 2014.
|This article about a United States bass guitarist is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|