Thompson with the Tampa Bay Lightning in April 2011
October 5, 1984 |
Anchorage, AK, USA
|Height||6 ft 0 in (183 cm)|
|Weight||206 lb (93 kg; 14 st 10 lb)|
New York Islanders
Tampa Bay Lightning
|National team||United States|
|NHL Draft||183rd overall, 2003
|Competitor for the United States|
|Ice Hockey World Championships|
Thompson was drafted in the 6th round, 183rd overall in the 2003 NHL Entry Draft by the Boston Bruins. Thompson was a product of the Seattle Thunderbirds of the Western Hockey League and made his professional debut with the Providence Bruins in the play-offs of the 2004–05 season.
Thompson signed an entry level contract with the Bruins on July 20, 2005 and made his debut in the NHL with the Boston Bruins in 2006–07 playing four games.
Just before the start of the 2008–09 season on October 8, 2008, Thompson was claimed off waivers by the New York Islanders. Thompson scored his first NHL goal against Henrik Lundqvist of the New York Rangers on November 4, 2008.
On July 27, 2009, Thompson was re-signed to a one-year contract with the Islanders. After posting 6 points in 39 games with the Islanders in the 2009–10, Thompson was claimed off waivers by the Tampa Bay Lightning on January 21, 2010.
Regular season and playoffs
|2008–09||New York Islanders||NHL||43||2||2||4||49||—||—||—||—||—|
|2009–10||New York Islanders||NHL||39||1||5||6||39||—||—||—||—||—|
|2009–10||Tampa Bay Lightning||NHL||32||1||3||4||17||—||—||—||—||—|
|2010–11||Tampa Bay Lightning||NHL||79||10||15||25||29||18||1||3||4||4|
|2011–12||Tampa Bay Lightning||NHL||68||9||6||15||21||—||—||—||—||—|
|2012–13||Tampa Bay Lightning||NHL||45||7||8||15||17||—||—||—||—||—|
|2013–14||Tampa Bay Lightning||NHL||81||9||7||16||27||4||0||0||0||0|
- "Islanders claim Thompson". NHL. 2008-10-08. Retrieved 2008-10-22.
- "Thompson's first career goal sparks Islanders over Rangers". CBS Sports. 2008-11-04. Retrieved 2008-11-05.
- "Islanders agree to terms with Thompson". New York Islanders. 2009-07-25. Retrieved 2009-07-30.
- "Lightning claim Nate Thompson off waivers from Islanders". Tampa Bay Lightning. 2010-01-21. Retrieved 2010-01-21.
- "Ducks acquire Thompson for two late 2015 picks". National Hockey League. 2014-06-29.
|This Alaska biographical article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|