|Born||Nathan Andrew Torrence
December 1, 1977
Canton, Ohio, U.S.
Nathan Andrew "Nate" Torrence (born December 1, 1977) is an American comedic actor known for playing the role of Wade Bailey on the HBO series Hello Ladies and for his numerous roles in television advertisements.
Childhood and education
Torrence was born in Canton, Ohio, where he began his education. Torrence attended Hiland High School in Berlin, Ohio, and went on to attend Kent State University: Stark Campus. His family used to own and operate a bed and breakfast in Berlin. After studying with Second City's Players Workshop in Chicago, Illinois, Torrence began touring in a comedy troupe called Corn, Beef and Cabbage, where he wrote, improvised and performed with his older brother, Jay and friend Josh Ruth. Torrence additionally studied improv at Second City in Cleveland and in Los Angeles, and The Groundlings and Comedy Sportz in Los Angeles.
Torrence has appeared on television programs including CSI: Crime Scene Investigation, Malcolm in the Middle, How I Met Your Mother, Las Vegas, House M.D., and Ghost Whisperer. He had a recurring role as Dylan Killington on the NBC drama Studio 60 on the Sunset Strip and played Roman Cohen in the ABC network short-lived comedy Mr. Sunshine, a midseason replacement for the 2010-11 television season.
He is perhaps best known for his role as a credit card customer service representative with David Spade, in the Capital One "What's In Your Wallet" advertising campaign. He has also appeared in several other commercials, including for Enterprise Rent-A-Car, Volkswagen, Golden Grahams, H-E-B, and NFL.com.
He played Lloyd, a lab assistant, in the film Get Smart and reprised the role to star in the direct-to-DVD spinoff Get Smart's Bruce and Lloyd: Out of Control. Torrence has also played a crazy shirtless boxer on Reno 911, and Devon in the 2010 comedy She's Out of My League.
- "People Search: TORRENCE, NATHAN born 12/01/1977". veromi.net. Retrieved 2011-02-24.
- "Capital One Screamer Hails from Canton". Cantonrep.com. October 30, 2005."Ladies and Gentlemen: Sir Nate Torrence, Renknowned Thespian". The Civy Club Times. October 18, 2005.
- Hibberd, James (May 18, 2010). "ABC's new fall schedule". The Hollywood Reporter. Retrieved May 18, 2010.
- "Matthew Perry project a go at ABC". The Hollywood Reporter. January 12, 2010. Retrieved April 25, 2010.
- "Capital One Screamer Hails from Canton". Cantonrep.com. October 30, 2005.