|District||Kampala Capital City Authority|
|Elevation||1,190 m (3,900 ft)|
|Time zone||EAT (UTC+3)|
Nateete is located in Lubaga Division, on the southwestern edge of the city of Kampala. It is bordered by Busega to the north, Lungujja to the northeast, Lubaga to the northeast, Ndeeba to the southeast, Mutundwe to the south and Buloba to the west. The road distance between Kampala's central business district and Nateete is approximately 8 kilometres (5.0 mi). The coordinates of Nateete are:0°17'54.0"N, 32°32'06.0"E (Latitude:0.298325; Longitude:32.534989).
Nateete lies on the main highway (A-109), between Kampala and Masaka. There is a major intersection in Nateete, where the highway to Mityana, Mubende, Fort Portal and on to the Democratic Republic of the Congo splits off the highway to Masaka, Mbarara, Kabale and on to Kigali in Rwanda. At the same location, the Kampala Northern Bypass, a double carriageway highway bypassing downtown Kampala, re-joins the highways to the Rwanda and the Congo, having split off the Kampala-Jinja Highway at Namboole, in Kira.
Today, Nateete is a busy, growing metropolitan area with businesses, small industries, retail shops and a thriving farmers market. Many of Uganda's banking institutions maintain branches in the area due to the booming business in commercial and retail banking in the neighborhood. Uchumi, a leading supermarket chain in East Africa, maintains a branch in the neighborhood.
Points of interest
Nateete boasts of the following points of interest:
- A branch of Equity Bank
- A branch of Opportunity Uganda Limited, a Tier II Financial Institution
- A branch of Pride Microfinance Limited, a Tier III Financial Institution
- A branch of Uchumi Supermarkets
- Nateete Farmers Market
- The Kampala Northern Bypass Highway joins the Kampala-Masaka Highway and the Kampala-Mubende Highway in Busega, the neighborhood to the immediate west of Nateete.
- Nateete Police Station
- "Map Showing Central Kampala And Nateete With Distance Indicator". Globefeed.com. Retrieved 23 June 2014.
- Google, . "Location of Nateete At Google Maps". Google Maps. Retrieved 23 June 2014.
- Mulumba, Abu-Baker (19 November 2013). "Nateete Shopping Centre Opened". The Observer (Uganda). Retrieved 23 June 2014.
- Malaba, Tom (10 November 2011). "Nateete Police Station Construction Finally Kicks Off". Uganda Radio Network (URN). Retrieved 23 June 2014.