|Born||February 9, 1973|
|Other names||Nate Barr|
|Occupation||Film and television composer|
Nathan Barr started studying music in Tokyo, Japan at the age of 4. His interest in music and collecting rare and unusual instruments lead him to travel all over the world. He has said he owns a trumpet made out of a human femur and a set of bagpipes out of a pig's belly. Barr studied at Skidmore College, and in 1993 toured Italy and Switzerland with the Juilliard Cello Ensemble.
In 1996, Barr moved to Los Angeles to pursue a career in composing film and television scores. One of his first jobs was working under the tutelage of world-renowned composer, Hans Zimmer, on films such as As Good as It Gets and The Prince of Egypt. Shortly thereafter, he branched out on his own and landed his first solo-venture on the Lionsgate comedy Too Smooth. Since then, Barr has scored a large array of feature films and TV series, most notably scoring all episodes of HBO's hit series True Blood.
Personal life 
- As Good as It Gets (assistant to Hans Zimmer)
- Crazy Connected Thing
- Beyond the Mat
- Open Water (composer: additional music)
- Briar Patch
- Club Dread
- True Blood
- Hood to Coast
- Open House
- IMDB. "Nathan Barr". IMDB. Retrieved 2009-01-05.
- "Nathan Barr at Comic-Con 2010".
- "OUT100: 2010 Out 100 Portfolio". OUT Magazine.
- BMI. "2010 BMI Film/TV Awards Winners". Broadcast Music Incorporated. Retrieved 2010-05-20.
- BMI. "BMI Film & Television Awards Tout Composers of Year’s Top Film, Television, & Cable Music". Broadcast Music Incorporated. Retrieved 2009-09-06.
- BMI. "2006 BMI Film & Television Awards". BMI. Retrieved 2009-01-05.