||This biographical article needs additional citations for verification. (September 2011)|
Who Is Jake Ellis?
Nathan Edmondson is an American fiction author whose work includes the titles Olympus, The Light and Who Is Jake Ellis?, all three of which are published by Image Comics. He also contributed to the Image Comics anthology publication Popgun. A native of Augusta, GA, he worked previously in Washington, DC before moving back to Georgia to write.
Olympus was released in 2009 with art by Christian Ward. The book is a four-issue comic book limited series collected into a trade paperback in December 2009. It is the story of the Gemini twins Castor and Pollux from Greek mythology who, alive in modern day, serve Zeus on earth. The author has mentioned on his site and his Twitter page that the book has been picked up and is in film development.
The Light, a five-issue horrorlimited series from Image Comics premiered in April 2010 with art by Brett Weldele (artist of The Surrogates, Southland Tales and other books). The story focuses on a father and daughter trying to survive a virus that spreads by way of electric light. The story is based in Oregon.
Who is Jake Ellis? is a five-issue limited series with artist Tonci Zonjic and is described in the official Image Comics press release like this: "Jon Moore is the most sought after spy-for-hire in Europe's criminal world. This is because of Jake Ellis, a man who is invisible to everyone except Moore. When a deal goes bad, the only one who can protect Moore from Europe's most dangerous criminals is Jake Ellis. No one but Moore can see Jake Ellis. But Jake Ellis can see everything. "
As part of The New 52, Edmondson wrote the first eight issues of the series Grifter. He soon followed with The Activity, an ongoing series from Image. Dancer, another five-issue limited series from Image, was released in 2012 with art by Nic Klein. He also penned the four-issue Ultimate Comics Iron Man limited series for Marvel Comics as well a follow up to Who is Jake Ellis? for Image entitled Where is Jake Ellis?, again featuring art from Tonci Zonjic.
Edmondson currently lives in Macon, Georgia.
Comics work includes:
- Popgun, Volume 3 (with Christian Ward, Image Comics, 2009)
- Olympus (with Christian Ward, 4-issue limited series, Image Comics, 2009)
- The Light (with Brett Weldele, 5-issue limited series, Image Comics, 2010)
- Who Is Jake Ellis? (with Tonci Zonjic, 5-issue limited series, Image Comics, 2011)
- Grifter (with CAFU, ongoing series, DC Comics, 2011)
- The Activity (with Mitch Gerads, ongoing series, Image Comics, 2011)
- Dancer (with Nic Klein, 5-issue limited series, Image Comics, 2012)
- Where Is Jake Ellis? (5 issue limited series, Image Comics, 2012–13)
- Ultimate Iron Man: Demon in the Armor (with Matteo Buffagni, 4-issue limited series, Marvel Comics, 2012)
- Ultimate Comics X-Men (co-writer with Brian Wood, for Marvel Comics, 2013)
- The Dream Merchant (with Konstantin Novosadov, 6 issue series, Image Comics, 2013)
- Splinter Cell: Echoes (with Marc Laming, for Ubisoft, 2013)
- Black Widow (with Phil Noto, for Marvel Comics, 2014)
- The Punisher (with Mitch Gerads, for Marvel Comics, 2014)
- Genesis (with Alison Sampson, for Image Comics, 2014)
- "Comic Jobs Interview Series with Comics Writer Nathan Edmondson | Work in Comics: Blog". Workincomicsblog.septagonstudios.com. August 26, 2010. Retrieved May 27, 2012.
- "EDMONDSON'S BAD ASS BROTHERS OF OLYMPUS – COMICON.com Panels | Comic Book, Graphic Novel and Cartooning Discussions". Comicon.com. Retrieved May 27, 2012.
- Olympus comic blog, http://olympuscomic.blogspot.com/
- "Edmondson & Weldele Turn On "The Light"". Comic Book Resources. Retrieved May 27, 2012.
- Press Release from Image Comics, October 2010 http://kittyspryde.forumotion.com/image-comics-f4/who-is-jake-ellis-january-2011-t2851.htm
||This section includes a list of references, but its sources remain unclear because it has insufficient inline citations. (April 2010)|
- At Newsarama, 2010
- Broken Frontier, 2010
- Broken Frontier, 2010
- Live Interview, Comic Geek Speak 2010
- Speakeasy Interview – Atlanta, GA paper
- ABC News: "Comic Sheds Light on Secret Army Spy Unit"
- New York Post: "Nathan Edmondson, writer of ‘The Activity,’ reveals the top 5 crazy secrets he’s learned researching American intelligenceRead more: Nathan Edmondson, writer of ‘The Activity,’ reveals the top 5 crazy secrets he’s learned researching Ameri can intelligence"
- USA Today: "Fancy Footwork Inspires Nathan Edmondson's Dancer series"
- USA Today: "'The Activity' aims for realism with its government intrigue"