Nathan Foley (performer)
Life and career
Nathan started singing professionally at 10 years old with bands singing jazz, soul, rnb, pop and rock. During his school years, Foley performed in the Schools Spectacular for seven years and graduated from the Talent Development Project in 1997. In 1998, Nathan joined the children’s show Hi-5, and subsequently performed with the group for the next Ten years.
As a solo artist, Nathan has produced and written an album Discovery and two singles Live Your Life and Say You Will. He recently remastered an album recorded when he was 10 years old called Good Times and also recorded a live album Nathan Foley Live At The Starlight.
In 2009, Foley completed a season of Jerry Springer The Opera at the Sydney Opera House and played Kenickie in the Olivia Newton-John Foundation musical Grease on the Beach. He also performed as a soloist in 2009 at The V8 Supercars and The World Masters Games, and sung the Australian Anthem at the Darling Harbour Australia Day Celebrations in 2010 in front of 250'000 people.
Nathan performed in the musical Mamma Mia!, touring Australia in 2010 and toured in 2011 with a new show, Acoustic Rhythms. He is also Co-Presenter of a show called Gathering on Foxtel’s Indigenous Network NITV.
Foley was a contestant on the Network Ten show I Will Survive. During the True Colors episode of this series, performed in Hermannsburg, NT, Foley revealed that he is descended from the aboriginal Yuin people and Native American descent from Delaware USA on his mothers side while his father is of Irish and Swedish descent. Nathan currently released his new studio album "Now And Forever" on ITunes and travelling the world performing at major corporate functions, and a guest entertainer on Cruise liners and television.
- See Hi-5 for Foley's releases with the group.
- Good Times - 1990 (Jazz covers)
- Say You Will - EP release
- Live Your Life - EP release
- Discovery - Studio album
- Live at the Starlight - Live album
- "Acoustic Rhythms" - Live album
- " Now And Forever" - Studio Album.
Foley has won a total of nine awards, four as a solo performer and five with Hi-5.
- 1998 Mo Award Winner - Johnny O'Keefe Encouragement Award
- 1998 Winner Best New Talent - ACE Awards
- 1998 Winner 2UE Youth in Cabaret - City of Sydney Performing Arts Challenge
- 1998 Winner of the open Contemporary Vocal Solo - City of Sydney Performing Arts Challenge
- 2000 ARIA Award - Jump and Jive with Hi-5
- 2000 Logie Award - Hi-5
- 2001 ARIA Award - It's a Party with Hi-5
- 2001 Logie Award - Hi-5
- 2002 ARIA Award - Boom Boom Beat - Hi-5
- ACE Awards - Best New Talent 1998. Retrieved 30 July 2007.