|Full name||Nathan Grima|
|Date of birth||5 August 1985|
|Original team||Central District (SANFL)|
|Draft||#14, 2008 Rookie Draft, North Melbourne|
|Height/Weight||192cm / 96kg|
|Current club||North Melbourne|
|2009–||North Melbourne||83 (1)|
1 Playing statistics correct to end of 2013 season.
Originally from Tasmania, Grima played for the Tassie Mariners, South Launceston, the Tasmanian Devils and Central District, including their 2007 SANFL premiership. Grima was then rookie-listed by North Melbourne in the 2008 AFL Rookie Draft.
He impressed in early training sessions and looked in line for a promotion before hyper-extending his knee in a marking exercise. The injury prematurely ended his season and raised doubts about his ability to retain a spot on the list.
Despite this injury setback, North Melbourne promoted Grima to the senior list before the start of the 2009 season and the versatile defender was quick to show his potential, holding down a spot at full-back for North's reverves team, Werribee in the VFL in the early part of the season. His strong form led to Grima making his debut in round eight against Geelong.
Grima scored his first goal in AFL football on Saturday, 17 August 2013 against Essendon at Etihad Stadium. An injury to Leigh Adams resulted in Grima being moved forward for the final quarter of the match. Having not scored a goal after 71 AFL games, Grima crumbed the ball from a marking contest involving Robbie Tarrant, and snapped a freakish left-foot goal midway through the last quarter. The defender embarked on a wild celebration, being mobbed by teammates who came from all areas of the ground to congratulate him.
Had Grima failed to score, he would have equalled a club record, with former player Ted Larsen having a 72-game drought before scoring a goal.
- Robinson, Mark (29 February 2008). "Nathan faces Grima outlook". Herald Sun (News Corp). Retrieved 13 October 2009.
- Sheridan, Nick (1 November 2008). "Fiora dumped by Saints". The Age (Fairfax Digital). Retrieved 13 October 2009.
- Smith, Adam (29 May 2009). "Grima revels in limelight". Hobart Mercury (News Corp). Retrieved 13 October 2009.
- Brodie, Will (5 October 2009). "Gibson trade through early". The Age (Fairfax Digital). Retrieved 13 October 2009.
- Nathan Grima's profile on the official website of the North Melbourne Football Club
- Nathan Grima's statistics from AFL Tables
|This Australian rules football biography of a person born in the 1980s is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|