Haas at the 2012 Japan Cup
|Full name||Nathan Peter Haas|
12 March 1989 |
Brisbane, Queensland, Australia
|Height||1.78 m (5 ft 10 in)|
|Weight||71 kg (157 lb)|
|Herald Sun Tour (2011)
Japan Cup (2011)
|Infobox last updated on
9 February 2014
Nathan Peter Haas (born 12 March 1989) is an Australian professional road racing cyclist who rides for UCI ProTeam Garmin-Sharp. Born in Brisbane, Queensland, Australia, Haas currently resides in Girona, Catalonia, Spain.
In 2011, after he, and Genesys Wealth Advisers teammate Steele Von Hoff dominated Australia's domestic National Road Series, Haas won the 2011 Herald Sun Tour. Haas also won the 2011 Japan Cup, a race which featured a number of UCI ProTeams. After his victory, Haas signed with Garmin-Cervélo.
During Haas's first professional season, he did not, however, win any individual professional races due to severe saddle sores. Although he did finish second overall to Jonathan Tiernan-Locke (Endura Racing) at the Tour of Britain. During the 2013 season, Haas finished sixth overall at the Tour de Langkawi, and competed in his first Grand Tour, the Giro d'Italia. While riding the 2014 Tour Down Under, Haas garnered his first UCI World Tour point, before finishing the race fifth overall.
- 5th, National Under-23 Time Trial Championships
- 9th, National Under-23 Road Race Championships
- 4th, National Under-23 Time Trial Championships
- 1st, Overall, Herald Sun Tour
- 1st, Japan Cup
- 2nd, National Under-23 Road Race Championships
- 1st, Stage 2 (TTT), Tour of Utah
- 2nd, Overall, Tour of Britain
- 10th, Japan Cup
- 6th, Overall, Tour de Langkawi
- 4th, Overall, Herald Sun Tour
- 1st, Stage 1
- 5th, Overall, Tour Down Under
- 6th, Brabantse Pijl
- 104th, Overall, Giro d'Italia
- "Nathan Haas at Garmin-Sharp". Garmin-Sharp (Boulder, Colorado: Slipstream Sports LLC). 28 December 2012. Retrieved 6 January 2013.
- "Garmin-Sharp (GRS) – USA". UCI World Tour (Aigle, Vaud: Union Cycliste Internationale). Retrieved 2 January 2014.
- Jane Aubrey (16 October 2011). "Emotional Haas takes overall win after five incredible days of racing". Cyclingnews.com (Bath, England: Future plc). Retrieved 2 January 2014.
- Alex Hinds (27 October 2011). "Haas to Garmin-Cervélo, Von Hoff to Chipotle in 2012". Cyclingnews.com (Bath, England: Future plc). Retrieved 2 January 2014.
- "Haas continues incredible run in Japan". Cyclingnews.com (Bath, England: Future plc). 23 October 2011. Retrieved 2 January 2014.
- "Garmin signs young Aussie Haas". ABC News (Sydney, New South Wales: Australian Broadcasting Corporation). 27 October 2011. Retrieved 21 January 2012.
- Shane Stokes (26 October 2011). "Confirmed: Nathan Haas to make WorldTour debut in 2012 VeloNation". VeloNation (Chevy Chase, Maryland: VeloNation LLC). Retrieved 1 January 2014.
- Tan, Anthony (16 April 2012). "Cycling Central podcast". SBS Cycling Central (Sydney, New South Wales: Special Broadcasting Service Corporation). Retrieved 19 October 2012.
- "Tour of Britain: Jonathan Tiernan-Locke wins race". BBC Sport (London, England: BBC). 16 September 2012. Retrieved 18 January 2014.
- Ben Atkins (2 March 2013). "Nathan Haas: "Something we try to do is really to stamp our name on a race."". VeloNation (Chevy Chase, Maryland: VeloNation LLC). Retrieved 18 January 2014.
- Alex Malone (4 March 2013). "Giro d'Italia debut part of bigger picture for Haas". Cyclingnews.com (Bath, England: Future plc). Retrieved 2 January 2014.
- Aaron S. Lee (25 January 2014). "Potential podium slipping away from Nathan Haas at Tour Down Under". Cyclingnews.com (Bath, England: Future plc). Retrieved 25 January 2014.
- Zeb Woodpower (26 January 2014). "Final day victory for Andre Greipel at the Tour Down Under". Cyclingnews.com (Bath, England: Future plc). Retrieved 26 January 2014.
- "Nathan Haas at Cycling Archives". Cycling Archives. Retrieved 7 March 2013.
- "Nathan Haas at Cycling Base". Cycling Base. Retrieved 6 January 2013.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Nathan Haas.|
- Nathan Haas profile at Cycling Archives
- Cycling Base: Nathan Haas
- Cycling Quotient: Nathan Haas
- Nathan Haas: Garmin-Sharp