|No. 11 – Galatasaray Liv Hospital Istanbul|
|Position||Power forward / Center|
|League||Turkish Basketball League
10 October 1986 |
Sydney, New South Wales
|Listed height||208 cm (6 ft 10 in)|
|Listed weight||127 kg (280 lb)|
|College||Midland College (2006–2007)|
|NBA draft||2008 / Round: 2 / Pick: 41st overall|
|Selected by the Indiana Pacers|
|2007–2008||Cairns Taipans (Australia)|
|2009||→Idaho Stampede (D-League)|
|2010||→Sioux Falls Skyforce (D-League)|
|2010–2011||KK Partizan (Serbia)|
|2011–2012||UNICS Kazan (Russia)|
|2012||Cairns Marlins (Australia)|
|2012–2013||FC Barcelona (Spain)|
|2013–present||Galatasaray Liv Hospital (Turkey)|
|Career highlights and awards|
While playing for the Cairns Taipans during the 2007–08 NBL season, in 31 games, Jawai averaged 17.3 points, 9.4 rebounds and 1 block per game. His season highs for points and rebounds was 28 and 18 respectively.
He was drafted 41st overall in the 2008 NBA Draft by the Indiana Pacers; however, his rights were traded to the Toronto Raptors in a deal that also brought Jermaine O'Neal to Toronto for T. J. Ford, Rasho Nesterović, Maceo Baston, and the Raptors' 17th pick in the 2008 NBA Draft who turned out to be Roy Hibbert.
Soon after the trade the Raptors announced they had signed Jawai to a two-year deal on 11 July 2008.
Nicknamed the "Aussie Shaq", "Outback Shaq", and "Baby Shaq" due to his resemblance to Shaquille O'Neal, Jawai claims to not like the nicknames or comparisons to O'Neal. He was also nicknamed by Toronto commentators 'Big Nate'.
On 17 December 2008, Jawai was cleared to resume training after enduring a worrisome period in which he was not allowed to undergo physical activity. Jawai was required to 'rest', due to a routine pre-season test which revealed a cardiac abnormality.
On 26 February 2009, Jawai was assigned by the Toronto Raptors to the Idaho Stampede of the NBA Development League. In his first start (his second game), he registered 12 points, 5 rebounds and a team-high 3 blocks in a 104–96 Idaho win over Utah Flash. Jawai was recalled from the D-League on 23 March 2009.
On 9 July 2009, Nathan Jawai was traded to the Dallas Mavericks as a part of the four-team deal among Raptors, Mavericks, Orlando Magic and Memphis Grizzlies. Later that year, on 20 October 2009, Jawai was traded to the Minnesota Timberwolves for a conditional second-round pick in the 2012 NBA Draft.
On 8 November 2009, Jawai played arguably the best game of his NBA career, scoring a team-high 16 points and grabbing six rebounds in a game against the Portland Trail Blazers.
|GP||Games played||GS||Games started||MPG||Minutes per game|
|FG%||Field-goal percentage||3P%||3-point field-goal percentage||FT%||Free-throw percentage|
|RPG||Rebounds per game||APG||Assists per game||SPG||Steals per game|
|BPG||Blocks per game||PPG||Points per game||PIR||Performance Index Rating|
NBA career statistics
Euroleague career statistics
- Player statistics for Nathan Jawai
- Australian league rookie of year Jawai signs with Raptors
- Pacers, Raptors complete trade sending O'Neal to Toronto
- Aussie basketball has a new star
- Talking With Nathan Jawai
- Nathan Jawai vs Kings
- Raptors' Jawai finally cleared to begin NBA career
- Toronto Raptors vs. Detroit Pistons - Play By Play
- Raptors Assign Jawai To Idaho Stampede
- NBA Development League: Flash at Stampede
- Raptors recall Nathan Jawai from D-League
- MAVERICKS ACQUIRE FOUR-TIME ALL-STAR SHAWN MARION
- Wolves Acquire Nathan Jawai from Dallas
- Jawai leads charge for NBA side
- Wolves send Jawai to D-league for weekend stint
- Wolves Recall Nathan Jawai From Sioux Falls Skyforce
- Jawai Re-Assigned To D-League
- Partizan adds size with Jawai
- UNICS KAZAN goes big with Jawai
- Jawai happy to be on court with old Cairns friends
- Nathan Jawai ya es nuevo jugador del Barça Regal
- FC Barcelona Regal adds size with Jawai
- Nathan Jawai Galatasaray Liv Hospital'da
|NBL Rookie of the Year