September 23, 1984
Tacoma, Washington, U.S.
|Alma mater||Arizona State University|
|Occupation||author, lecturer, model, photographer, personal trainer|
|Spouse(s)||Megan Quann (2004-)|
Nathan Jendrick (born September 23, 1984) is an American author, lecturer, model, photographer and celebrity personal trainer.
Jendrick has written several books primarily with/for celebrities and notable personalities. His first book, Dunks, Doubles, Doping, was a USA Book News Award finalist. His literary properties were for a time represented by Mollie Glick at the Jean Naggar Literary Agency in New York, NY.
In December 2004, Jendrick married Olympian Megan Quann.
In 2006, Jendrick founded the online swimming-related radio show Deck Pass which was later acquired by Wasserman Media Group along with TimedFinals.com, which Jendrick ran with co-host and business partner Scott Goldblatt, a US Olympic gold medalist.
On March 30, 2008, The New York Daily News announced via their website that Jendrick was signed on to write the official BALCO book with infamous lab founder Victor Conte. Though the site announced a publication date of September, the book has still not been released and the Buy.com listing has long become out of date.
As a photographer, Jendrick's work has been featured in a number of books (He was a featured photographer in the book Digital Sports Photography: Winning Shots Every Time), magazines (including American Health & Fitness, Swimming World and SPLASH) and newspapers (The Seattle Times, The News Tribune).
Jendrick's book, Death, Drugs & Muscle: The Gregg Valentino Story has received largely positive reviews, with MuscleSport Magazine writer Joe Pietaro claiming, "Five stars? If there was a 50 star rating, it still wouldn’t be enough for this book." This book has reportedly been optioned as a screenplay.
Stemming from his work with many charities, in 2005 Jendrick was featured on the ESPN Top 10 for an open water swim that started on Bainbridge Island, WA and finished on Alki Beach in Seattle, WA.
In 2011, Jendrick released Gym-Free and Ripped through Alpha Books which became an Amazon.com category Bestseller. A follow up, Gym-Free and Toned is due out in late 2012 according to the US publisher website.
- Dunks, Doubles, Doping: How Steroids Are Killing American Athletics (ISBN 1592289029) - Lyons Press
- Get Wet, Get Fit (ISBN 1416540784) - Simon & Schuster's Fireside
- Death, Drugs & Muscle: The Gregg Valentino Story (ISBN 1550229214) - ECW Press
- The Complete Idiot's Guide to Swimming with Mike Bottom (ISBN 1592579655) - Alpha
- Gym-Free and Ripped (ISBN 1615640991) - Alpha
- Gym-Free and Toned (ISBN 1615642099) - Alpha
- "2006 USA Book News Awards". Best Books Awards 2006. USA Book news.
- "WhoRepresents". WhoRepresents Database. Cader Books, Inc.
- "BALCO Founder Has Tell-All Book Ready". NYDN: BALCO Book. New York Daily News.
- "BALCO". BALCO Conte, Victor ISBN. Buy.com.
- "Gregg Valentino Book a Sure Best-Seller". Gregg Valentino Book a Sure Best-Seller. MusclesProd.com.
|This article about a United States writer of non-fiction is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|