Nathanael Matthaeus von Wolf
Nathanael Matthaeus von Wolf, Nathanael Matthäus von Wolf, Polish: Nataniel Mateusz Wolf (28 January 1724 in Chojnice  (Conitz) - 15 December 1784 in Danzig (Gdańsk)) was a German botanist, physician, and astronomer.
Von Wolf studied medicine at the University of Erfurt and received his M.D. in 1748. He became the personal doctor of Teodor Kazimierz Czartoryski, the Prince-bishop of Poznań, until the bishop's death in 1768. He then opened a private office in 1769 at Tczew and then at Danzig (Gdańsk) in 1772. He spent most of his adult life in Danzig (Gdańsk).
Von Wolf was a member of the Danzig Research Society and left his collections to them and greatly supported the building of a planetarium. As an astronomer he had worked also at the Corps of Cadets in Warsaw
He was elected a Fellow of the Royal Society in 1777.
On 10 May 1785, a few months after von Wolf's death, the Danzig physician Phillipp Adolph Lampe held a memorial at the Danzig Research Society.
- WOLF (Nathanael Matheus von) 
- Genera et Species Plantarum vocabulis charactericis definita. Marienwerder, Typis Joan. Jac. Kanteri, 1781
- Genera Plantarum, Vocabulis characteristica... S.l. 1776
- Concordantia Botanica. (A la fin) Dantisci, Muller, 1780
- J.C. Poggendorff (1863). Biographisch-Literarisches Handwörterbuch zur geschichte der exacten wissenschaften. Verlag von Johann Ambrosius Barth. (Leipzig).
- Edmund Cieślak "Historia Gdańska", t. III, /1:1655-1793, Gdańsk 1993
- Kazimierz Kubik & Lech Mokrzecki "Trzy wieki nauki gdańskiej", Zakład Narodowy im. Ossolińskich, Gdańsk 1976 (s. 125-126) ISBN 83-215-3251-9
- "Mieszczaństwo gdańskie", Gdańskie Towarzystwo Naukowe, Gdańsk 1997 ISBN 83-87359-16-5
|This article about a German astronomer is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This article about a German person in the field of medicine is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This article about a Polish scientist is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|