Buzolic in June 2013
4 August 1983 |
Nathaniel Buzolic (born 4 August 1983) is an Australian actor. He was the host of Nine Network's late-night television quiz show The Mint, and had a regular role on the BBC soap opera Out of the Blue (2008). He was also a co-host of the educational show Weather Ed on The Weather Channel. He is also known for his role as Kol Mikaelson on the CW show The Vampire Diaries and its spin-off The Originals.
Buzolic hosted the Disney Channel's afternoon kids show Studio Disney (2005). He has also appeared in All Saints (2003), Home and Away (2002) and an uncredited role in an episode of Water Rats (2001).
Buzolic's played the title role in the feature comedy Offing David (2008) alongside fellow Australian actor Adam J. Yeend. Previously, he had minor roles in the 2007 Australian short films Road Rage and My Greatest Day Ever.
In 2011, it was confirmed that Buzolic would play Kol Mikaelson in the CW series The Vampire Diaries. He reprised his role in the pilot episode of The Vampire Diaries spin-off series The Originals. It was reported on 30 May 2014 that Buzolic will return to The Originals for its second season and he appeared in the first trailer that debuted at the 2014 San Diego Comic Con.
On 20 February 2014, it was announced that Buzolic had landed one of the lead roles in Supernatural: Bloodlines, a spin-off of the CW series Supernatural, with the twentieth episode of the latter's ninth season serving as a backdoor pilot. However, The CW passed on the pilot in May 2014. In March 2014, Buzolic appeared in two episodes of the fourth season of ABC Family's Pretty Little Liars as Dean Stavros, Spencer's (Troian Bellisario) substance abuse counselor.
Buzolic (pronounced Buzolich) is of Croatian ancestry. His grandmother emigrated to Australia after his grandfather was killed by the communists of the newly founded SFR Yugoslavia. He studied at De La Salle School in Ashfield, Sydney. Buzolic attended the Australian Theatre for Young People (ATYP) in Sydney and later studied at Screenwise Acting School for Film and Television, graduating in 2004.
Buzolic is associated with the End It movement which is against human slavery. He shared a video in which he asks fans to help spread awareness by drawing a red X on their hands and discussing slavery on social media sites using #enditmovement on Twitter.
Having been inspired by the title of his first TV role, Buzolic also supports the maintenance and preservation of the water rat's natural habitat which is under threat as a result of flood mitigation, swamp drainage and predation.
|2005||Dirty Deeds||Uncredited role|
|2007||Road Rage||Young driver||Short film|
|2007||My Greatest Day Ever||Coach||Short film|
|2009||Multiple Choice||Tommy||Short film|
|2001||Water Rats||N/A||Uncredited; unknown episodes|
|2002||Home and Away||Paul Chalmers||Season 15, episode 119|
|2003||All Saints||Damon Lloyd||Episode: "Friends in Need"|
|2007||Mint, TheThe Mint||Himself||Host|
|2008||Out of the Blue||Paul O'Donnell||Main cast; 50 episodes|
|2010||Cops L.A.C.||Jahrryde||Episode: "A Veil of Tears"|
|2011||Crownies||Jesse Major||Episode 15|
|2012–14||Vampire Diaries, TheThe Vampire Diaries||Kol Mikaelson||10 episodes|
|2013–present||Originals, TheThe Originals||Kol Mikaelson||3 episodes|
|2014||Pretty Little Liars||Dean Stavros||2 episodes|
|2014||Supernatural||David Lassiter||1 Episode|
|2015||Bones||Hunter Ellis||1 Episode|
|2014||Originals: Awakening, TheThe Originals: Awakening||Kol Mikaelson||Webseries: 4 Episodes|
- Nathaniel Buzolic at the Internet Movie Database
- JMo and Elle (29 January 2012). "Aussie vampire Nathaniel Buzolic told: 'bronze up'". Daily Telegraph. News Corp Australia. Retrieved 6 February 2012.
- Masters, Megan (9 December 2011). "Nate Berkus Show Ending, Vampire Diaries Casts More Originals". TV Line. PMC. Retrieved 3 February 2012.
- Swift, Andy (30 May 2014). "Nathaniel Buzolic Returning to The Originals In Season 2: Find Out How!". TV Line. PMC. Retrieved 31 May 2014.
- Andreeva, Nellie (20 February 2014). "Nathaniel Buzolic & Lucien Laviscount Land The Leads In CW's 'Supernatural' Spinoff". Deadline.com. PMC. Retrieved 15 April 2014.
- Thurm, Eric (29 April 2014). "Supernatural: "Bloodlines"". The A.V. Club. The Onion. Retrieved 10 May 2014.
- Ausiello, Michael (8 May 2014). "Fall TV Scoop: The CW Orders Four Dramas, Including Flash, iZombie and Jane the Virgin, Passes on Supernatural Spin-Off". TVLine. PMC. Retrieved 10 May 2014.
- "Nathaniel Buzolic answers fans' questions about his role of Kol on The Vampire Diaries!". Oh No They Didn't!. 2 December 2012.
- "Zvijezda 'Vampirskih dnevnika' u Dubrovniku: Želim oženiti Hrvaticu" [The star of 'The Vampire Diaries' in Dubrovnik: I want to marry a Croatian]. Večernji list (in Croatian). Styria Media Group. 18 June 2013. Retrieved 18 June 2013.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Nathaniel Buzolic.|
- Nathaniel Buzolic at the Internet Movie Database
- Nathaniel Buzolic on Twitter
- Nathaniel Buzolic on Facebook
|This article about an Australian actor or actress is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|