Knight-Percival playing for Wrexham in 2011
|Full name||Nathaniel Lawrence Knight-Percival|
|Date of birth||31 March 1987|
|Place of birth||Enfield, England|
|Height||1.82 m (5 ft 11 1⁄2 in)|
|* Senior club appearances and goals counted for the domestic league only and correct as of 12:30, 8 February 2015 (UTC).
† Appearances (Goals).
He started his career at Histon, progressing through the youth ranks and eventually becoming a regular in the first team. He won two promotions during his six years with Histon, both of which came in his first three years at the club.
In 2010 he moved to Wrexham, earning a place in the Conference Team of the Year following an impressive second season at the Welsh club. He caught the eye of former Wrexham player and Peterborough manager Darren Ferguson, who signed him on a free transfer in May 2012. At the end of his contract, he joined Shrewsbury Town on 22 May 2014.
Having already spent his youth career at Histon, Knight-Percival debuted for the first team during the 2004–05 season. Despite only making a total of 12 appearances in all competitions, 5 of which came in the league, Histon enjoyed a successful campaign and were crowned champions of the Southern Football League Premier Division, resulting in promotion to the Conference South.
In April 2010, Knight-Percival signed for Wrexham for an undisclosed fee – believed to be around £5,000. He worked in a car factory before joining the Dragons, but couldn't pass up the opportunity to turn professional.
During his first season at the Welsh club he played as both a striker and a winger, before transferring to central defence in the 2011/12 season. With defensive restrictions at Wrexham due to an injury of Chris Westwood. This meant the reds had just one centre back at the club who was fit (Mark Creighton). Knight-Percival was put at centre back for a couple of matches and the partnership between himself and Creighton was working well and the defence of Percival, Creighton, Neil Ashton and Curtis Obeng were a major reason goalkeeper Joslain Mayebi conceded just 7 goals in 16 games for Wrexham. Midway through the season Percival was made vice-captain taking the armband on many occasions due to regular captain Dean Keates being injured. Percival played in some big games during the 2011–12 season including an FA Cup third round match at Championship side Brighton & Hove Albion, Wrexham drew at the Falmer Stadium taking the tie to a replay. Knight-Percival hit the bar late on in the second half of extra time before being eliminated on penalties in the replay at the Racecourse, he also took part in the Conference Play-off semi-final legs losing out to Luton Town on aggregate, his last game for the club was in the second leg at the Racecourse Ground where Wrexham won 2–1, this was not enough to progress.
After impressing at Wrexham, Knight-Percival signed a two-year deal with Peterborough in May 2012, having already signed a pre-contract in January. In regards to the transfer, Knight-Percival said: "It’s a massive step-up for me, but it’s one I feel ready to take. Peterborough have a habit of finding players in the lower divisions who can perform much higher and hopefully I will be one of those."
He made his full debut against Reading in the second round of the League Cup. Reading won the match 3–2, and Knight-Percival scored an own goal in the 38th minute of the game, after misjudging a cross from Danny Guthrie.
On 23 September 2013, he received a red card against Milton Keynes Dons in the 7th minute, following an elbow on Patrick Bamford. Peterborough were reduced to nine men when Mark Little was also sent off in the 76th minute, but they managed to hold on to win 2–1.
He made 23 appearances in all competitions during the season, including Peterborough's League Trophy triumph over Chesterfield at Wembley Stadium. Just two days after Leyton Orient defeated Peterborough in the second leg of the League One play-off semi-final, Knight-Percival was among five players released by the club.
Knight-Percival joined Shrewsbury Town on a free transfer on 22 May 2014. He made his debut on the opening day of the season, playing left back in a 2-2 draw away at A.F.C. Wimbledon, and scored his first goal for the club in a 3-1 home victory over Cheltenham Town on 11 October. He was sent off for two bookings in a goalless draw away to Luton Town on 8 January 2015, and the following month suffered a cruciate knee ligament injury which ruled him out for the rest of the season.
|Club||Season||League||FA Cup||League Cup||Other[a]||Total|
|Histon||2004–05||Southern Football League Premier Division||5||0||0||0||0||0||7||3||12||3|
|Shrewsbury Town||2014–15||League Two||28||1||3||0||4||0||1||0||36||1|
- "Nathaniel Lawrence Knight-Percival". Find My Past. Retrieved 6 May 2014.
- "Peterborough United F.C. Player Profiles: Nathaniel Knight-Percival". Peterborough United F.C. Retrieved 5 May 2014.
- "20. Nat Knight-Percival". Soccer Base. Retrieved 5 May 2014.
- "Town sign Nathaniel Knight-Percival". Shrewsweb. 22 May 2014. Retrieved 22 May 2014.
- "Past Seasons: 04-05". Histon F.C. Retrieved 6 May 2014.
- "Wrexham FC sign Nathaniel Knight-Percival". Daily Post. 21 April 2010. Retrieved 23 June 2014.
- "Wrexham snap up Nathaniel Knight-Percival from Histon". BBC Sport. 21 April 2010. Retrieved 23 June 2014.
- Alan Swann (12 May 2012). "New Posh signing Knight-Percival ready to rumble". Peterborough Today. Retrieved 6 May 2014.
- "Reading 3–2 Peterborough". BBC Sport. 28 August 2012. Retrieved 6 May 2014.
- "Peterborough 1–2 Bristol City". BBC Sport. 18 September 2012. Retrieved 6 May 2014.
- "Peterborough 6–0 Reading". BBC Sport. 27 August 2013. Retrieved 7 May 2014.
- "Peterborough 2–1 MK Dons". BBC Sport. 21 September 2013. Retrieved 7 May 2014.
- "Swindon 2–1 Peterborough". BBC Sport. 11 January 2014. Retrieved 7 May 2014.
- Ian Woodcock (30 March 2014). "Chesterfield 1–3 Peterborough". BBC Sport. Retrieved 7 May 2014.
- Rob Stevens (13 May 2014). "Leyton Orient 2–1 Peterborough". BBC Sport. Retrieved 16 May 2014.
- "Peterborough United: Tommy Rowe among five released". BBC Sport. 15 May 2014. Retrieved 16 May 2014.
- "New signing impressed with manager's ambition". Shrewsweb. 22 May 2014. Retrieved 22 May 2014.
- "AFC Wimbledon 2–2 Shrewsbury Town". BBC Sport (BBC). 9 August 2014. Retrieved 10 August 2014.
- "Shrewsbury Town 3-1 Cheltenham Town". BBC Sport (BBC). 11 October 2014. Retrieved 9 November 2014.
- "Luton 0-0 Shrewsbury". BBC. 8 January 2015. Retrieved 9 January 2015.
- "Nathaniel Knight-Percival out for season with cruciate ligament injury". Shrewsweb. 12 February 2015. Retrieved 12 February 2015.
- "Past Seasons: 05-06". Histon F.C. Retrieved 6 May 2014.
- "Past Seasons: 06-07". Histon F.C. Retrieved 6 May 2014.
- "Past Seasons: 07-08". Histon F.C. Retrieved 6 May 2014.
- "Past Seasons: 08-09". Histon F.C. Retrieved 6 May 2014.
- "Past Seasons: 09-10". Histon F.C. Retrieved 6 May 2014.
- "Histon are promoted to Conference". BBC Sport. 15 April 2007. Retrieved 6 May 2014.
- "Kovacs and Tyler named in top team". Luton on Sunday. 12 June 2012. Retrieved 6 May 2014.