|Years of service||1858 - 1899|
Stevenson was commissioned as an ensign in the 1st Regiment of Foot in 1858. In 1863 he was transferred to the 87th Regiment of Foot. He was appointed Assistant Adjutant and Quartermaster-General for Cork District in 1880 and then, having served as Assistant-Adjutant and Quartermaster-General on the Staff, he was appointed Deputy Adjutant-General in Ireland in 1884. He was appointed Lieutenant Governor of Guernsey in 1894. It was in that capacity that he went to Westminster Abbey in 1898 to attend former Prime Minister Gladstone's funeral.
- The London Gazette: . 24 August 1858. Retrieved 2011-05-29.
- The London Gazette: . 23 January 1863. Retrieved 2011-05-29.
- The London Gazette: . 25 June 1880. Retrieved 2011-05-29.
- The London Gazette: . 24 October 1884. Retrieved 2011-05-29.
- World Leaders
- The London Gazette: . 22 June 1898. Retrieved 2011-05-29.
- The London Gazette: . 9 May 1902. Retrieved 2011-05-29.
Sir Edward Bulwer
|Lieutenant Governor of Guernsey