Nation Media Group
|Traded as||KN: NMG|
|Products||Newspapers, magazines, radio stations, television stations|
Nation Media Group (abbreviated as NMG) is a Kenyan media group listed on the Nairobi Stock Exchange. NMG was founded by Aga Khan IV in 1959 and is the largest private media house in East and Central Africa with offices in Kenya, Uganda, and Tanzania. In 1999, NMG launched NTV, a news channel in Kenya, and Easy FM.
The group publishes The EastAfrican, Daily Nation (Kenya's largest newspaper), The Business Daily, Daily Monitor, The Citizen, NMG Investor Briefing, Taifa Leo and Zuqka. The Daily Nation and the Sunday edition of the same newspaper, the Sunday Nation, are currently celebrating their 50th anniversaries, branded by the Nation Media Group as 50 Golden Years.
NMG owns a 76.5% stake in the Monitor newspapers & KFM (a leading FM station) in Uganda and 60% of the Mwananchi Communications Ltd in Tanzania. The two outfits have added a significant amount in the group’s revenue, and Monitor Publications Ltd (including KFM) returned handsome profits last year. Mwananchi Communications Ltd (including Mwananchi, Mwanaspoti and the Citizen) are on a path to profitability.
- "stockskenya.com". stockskenya.com. Retrieved 2014-04-16.
- "Daily Nation - NMG Editorial Team". nation.co.ke. 1960-10-03. Retrieved 2014-04-16.
- [dead link]
- Official website
- 2008 annual report
- The Citizen newspaper website - The official website for The Citizen Tanzania newspaper
- The Mwananchi newspaper website - The official website for Mwananchi Tanzania Newspaper
- The Mwanaspoti newspaper website - The official website for Mwanaspoti Tanzania newspaper
- Mwananchi Communications Ltd website - The official website for Mwananchi Communications Ltd, its subsidiary in Tanzania
|This journalism-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|