National Academy of Performing Arts
||This article's tone or style may not reflect the encyclopedic tone used on Wikipedia. (October 2009)|
- At NAPA, the students of music derive benefit from being taught by a faculty consisting of practicing musicians, musicologists and visiting maestros. They will also have the opportunity to enrich their repertoire of compositions and styles by tutelage under many teachers.
- Theatre Arts
- The Theatre Arts department will offer students academic courses in all aspects of the theatre as well as practical exploration and the opportunity to present their work before an audience.
- NAPA offers lessons in classical dancing (Odissi).
- Make up
- NAPA has also introduced lessons in Make up.
Zia Mohyeddin is the Chairman of NAPA. He was asked by Pervez Musharraf, then the President of Pakistan, to establish and lead a national institution for arts and music. Besides being the founder and chairman of NAPA, he has impeccable credentials. Trained at the Royal Academy of Dramatic Art, he has spent a lifetime dedicated to the theatre, films and television, appearing in many local and foreign productions. He has also performed in numerous Broadway and West End plays. He has also produced and directed extensively.
Notable teachers and alumni
Arshad Mahmud Director Programmes and Administration Besides Mohyeddin and Mahmud, NAPA has some of the most well known theatre icons and teacher-performances in Asia, including:
- Talat Hussain
- Rahat Kazmi
- Khalid Ahmed
- Dr. Enver Sajjad
- Anjum Ayaz
- Ustad Nafees Ahmed
- ' Intezar Hussain'
- Ustad Bashir Khan
- Sajid Ali
- Ahsan Shabir
- Fawad Siddiqui (Visiting Faculty - Improvisational Acting)
- Kamal Uddin (Visiting Faculty - Make up)
- Shallum Asher Xavier Guitar Teacher
Visiting faculty (Young Blood) <Theatre>
- Fawad Khan
- Sunil Shanker