National Agents Alliance
|This article needs additional citations for verification. (December 2011)|
|Headquarters||Burlington, North Carolina, United States|
|Area served||United States|
|Key people||Andy Albright (President/CEO)|
|Revenue||US$ 100 million (2005) |
|Parent||Superior Performers, Inc.|
National Agents Alliance (or NAA) is an Independent Marketing Organization that combines direct selling and agency building opportunities to sell a variety of life insurance and annuity products through an exclusive network of independent insurance agents.
National Agents Alliance was founded in 2002 by Andy Albright, Philip Hudgins and Barry Clarkson. Along with KIT Marketing and Pro Data Research, NAA is a subsidiary of Superior Performers, Inc. NAA started its product portfolio with mortgage protection and life insurance. NAA eventually grew its product offering to include disability insurance and annuities.
Sales doubled each year, from $22 million in 2003 to $46 million in 2004 to $100 million in 2005.
On Sept. 30, 2006, NAA moved into their headquarters in Burlington, N.C. The office includes a media studio, meeting and work space, and a warehouse which formerly belonged to textile manufacturer Riddell & Cockrell.
In 2008, NAA expanded again by purchasing the A.D. Pate building near its headquarters. The building houses NAA’s call center operation, which handles outbound telemarketing and inbound customer service for those responding to advertisements for term life insurance and mortgage protection.
In November 2010, Andy Albright became a 100 percent owner of the company after raising capital from Mutual of Omaha Bank. As of 2011, NAA reported having more than 7,000 independent agents throughout the continental United States.
NAA combines direct selling with an agency building model to develop large independent sales teams. Independent agents market products directly to consumers and are empowered to develop their own sales teams through a system of training and distribution that is similar to models used by Aflac and Nationwide Mutual Insurance Company. Agents can establish independent agencies and earn revenues based upon individual and agency sales.
NAA offers exclusive and non-exclusive insurance products through its network of insurance carriers. Independent insurance agents sell policies for life insurance, disability insurance, and annuities.
NAA's promotional program generates sales leads which are offered to its agents across the United States. Agents who choose to purchase leads may specify their general location in order to manage travel time. The company manages quality control through a complaints site and a support site.
In May 2007, Project Wildfire brought together 949 NAA leaders and agents to discuss the unveiling of the “HotSpots” concept of cross-line cooperation, relating to opportunity meetings across the United States. Since then, the idea of "Hot Spots" rotational training meetings has been embraced and implemented by the agency managers of NAA, who conduct weekly opportunity and training meetings for each other. This effort has grown into meetings that are held in more than 61 cities across the country each week. The rotation and training meetings started as a result of that meeting in 2007 and have grown since then. The weekly meetings offer training and opportunity sessions for established and prospective agents alike.
KIT Marketing is a marketing company that helps businesses contact family, friends, clients and sales prospects with a personal touch. Using professional copywriters, KIT brands, writes, and mails marketing pieces directly to customers on behalf of the client. 
Pro Data Research
Pro Data Research is a national research company specializing in mortgage, birth and marriage data record mining. PDR started as a small company and has grown into a national data mailing house that spans all 50 states of the United States.
NAA uses a variety of insurance carriers to offer financial products. As of 2012, NAA offers products through Mutual of Omaha, Independent Order of Foresters, ING Group, and Monumental Life (a division of Aegon Group, the parent company of Transamerica) among others.
As of January 2012, NAA is the top selling provider of life insurance at Mutual of Omaha.
National Agents Alliance believes in helping people in a number of areas and in various ways. Over the years, NAA, Andy Albright and his wife, Jane have donated or volunteered for several different charities and causes. Among those are: United Way, Children’s Miracle Network, Military Heroes Campaign, New Directions International, Project India, Clebe McClary Evangelistic Association, K-Love/Educational Foundation and Loaves & Fishes Inc.
In 2006, through a partnership with the fraternal benefits arm of Foresters, NAA participated in a playground reconstruction project for the Burlington Boys and Girls Club near the corporate campus. During a trip to St. Lucia in 2011, more than 150 NAA agents volunteered and worked on various projects to improve the Dame Pearlette Louisy Primary School.
In October 2006, National Agents Alliance hosted its first annual Halloween invitation to children from neighboring LifeSpan Circle School, a school specializing in education for children with developmental needs. NAA and LifeSpan became neighbors when NAA moved into its headquarters on Turrentine Street in September 2006. Since that time, NAA has continued to stay involved with the school through activities like the Halloween event and the LifeSpan Junior Olympics.
- "NAA completes move into expanded HQ". National Agents Alliance Reports. September 14, 2010.
- "National Agents Alliance Names President/CEO". The Business Journal. October 13, 2006.
- "National Agents Alliance has expanded". Times-News. May 4, 2011.
- "National Agents Alliance Complaints". naacomplaints.com. 2011 [last update]. Retrieved November 30, 2011.
- "National Agents Alliance Support". naasupport.com. 2011 [last update]. Retrieved December 12, 2011.
- "National Agents Alliance Hotspots".
- "About". KIT Marketing. KIT Marketing, LLC.
- "Mutual of Omaha Recognizes Partnership with National Agents Alliance". PR Web. January 24, 2012. Retrieved 16 May 2012.
- "Welcome to the United Way of Alamance County". The United Way of Alamance County.
- "United Way of Alamance County Newsletter". The United Way of Alamance County. 2008-11-11.
- "Foresters golf tournament raises $100,000 for McMaster Children's Hospital and Flemingdon Park community". Foresters. 2007-07-24.
- "Helping handicapped children, cerebral palsy, shop from home, donate to cerebral". Heavens Special Children, Inc.
- "Link Resources". New Directions International.
- "National Agents Alliance to host New Directions International's 'Feed the Hunger' banquet in Burlington, N.C.". New Directions International. 2011-11-02.
- "2011 Thanksgiving Turkeys". Loaves and fishes. 2011-11-22.
- "Thanksgiving Turkeys". Loaves and fishes. 2011-11-02.
- "National Agents Alliance Refurbishes Playground". Dig Triad News. 2009-11-02.
- "Local events offer a chance to give back". Burlington Times-News. 2009-08-05.
- "LifeSpan Annual Report". LifeSpan. 2008-01-01.