National Anthem of the Sakha Republic
||This article may require cleanup to meet Wikipedia's quality standards. (December 2011)|
|English: National Anthem of the Sakha Republic|
|Saxa Öröspüübulüketin örögöyün yryata|
The Flag of the Sakha Republic
Regional anthem of Sakha Republic
|Lyrics||S.I. Tarasov, M.E. Timofeyev, 1993|
|Music||K.A. Gerasimov, 1993|
Саха Өрөспүүбулүкэтин өрөгөйүн ырыата (transliterated: Saxa Öröspüübulüketin örögöyün yryata) is the Sakha name for the National Anthem of the Sakha Republic. The Russian name is Государственный гимн Республики Саха (transliterated: Gosudarstvennyy gimn Respubliki Sakha).
The anthem was originally written in the Sakha language by S.I. Tarasov and later translated into Russian by M.E. Timofeyev. The music was composed by K.A. Gerasimov.
Note on transliteration
- d‘(Cyrillic дь) is most similar in pronunciation to the English sound j ([ɟ]) (as in edge).
- y (Cyrillic ы) represents the same sound as the letter ı does in Turkish, [ɯ]; it is most similar in pronunciation to the English sound oo (as in book).
- ö and ü are pronounced the same as German ö and ü, ([ø] and [y] respectively).
- ç represents the same sound as ç does in Turkish, [tʃ].
- ğ represent the same sound as ğ does in Azeri Turkish, [ɣ].
- Doubled vowels or consonants are pronounced the same as single, but longer.
Якутия, ты светом зари
Привольно Лена наша течет,
Земля Саха, святыни твои
Yakutiya, ty svetom zari
Privol'no Lena nasha techyot,
Zemlya Sakha svyatyni tvoi
Unofficial English translation
Yakutia, thou art the light of the dawn!
To goodness and happiness thou callest us.
Thou shinest bright as a rainbow of diamond
And lead us on to future victory
- Shine and grow stronger, native land!
- Grow and exult, Yakutia!
- Thou art the beauty and pride of all Russia
- Thou art free, and liberal in thy gifts.
Freely our Lena flows
with livng water to thy wide borders.
It carries harmony and strength.
It grants all peoples peace.
Land of Sakha, thy sacred places
From peaks of ages direct us.
We continue the journey of our ancestors
and with honour fulfil their mandate.
- Lyrics of the Anthem in Sakha
- Lyrics of the Anthem is Russian
- Sheet music for the anthem with Sakha lyrics