National Assembly (Afghanistan)
|Seats||352 members (250 and 102)|
|This article is part of the series:
Politics and government of
- Wolesi Jirga (Pashto: ولسي جرګه) or the House of the People: the 250-member lower house.
- Meshrano Jirga (Pashto: مشرانوجرګه)) or the House of Elders: an upper house with 102 seats.
"The National Assembly of the Islamic Republic of Afghanistan as the highest legislative organ is the manifestation of the will of its people and represents the whole nation. Every member of the National Assembly takes into judgment the general welfare and supreme interests of all people of Afghanistan at the time of casting their vote".Constitution of the Islamic Republic of Afghanistan (Article 81)
A new Seat of government has been constructed with Indian assistance. The former King of Afghanistan, Mohammed Zahir Shah, laid the foundation stone for a new parliament building on August 29, 2005.
- Politics of Afghanistan
- Afghan parliamentary election, 2010
- Afghan parliamentary election, 2005
- List of legislatures by country
|This legislature-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This article about government in Afghanistan is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|