National Assembly (Kenya)
|The National Assembly|
|Type||Lower house of the Parliament of Kenya|
|Speaker||Justin Muturi, Jubilee
Since March 28, 2013
|Deputy Speaker||Joyce Laboso, Jubilee
Since March 28, 2013
|Majority Leader||Aden Duale, Jubilee
Since April 17, 2013
|Minority Leader||Francis Nyenze, CORD
Since April 17, 2013
|Political groups||Jubilee (167)
Other Parties (17)
|Voting system||Mixed-Member Majoritarian|
|Last election||4 March 2013|
|Parliament Buildings, Nairobi, Kenya|
|This article is part of the series:
Politics and government of
- House Business Committee: Parliamentary Calendar - scheduling or programming of the business - issue directives and guidelines to prioritize or postpone any business of the House
- Procedure and House Rules Committee: propose rules for the orderly and effective conduct of committee business
- Liaison Committee: guide and co-ordinate the operations, policies and mandates of all Committees
- Committee on Selection: nominates members to serve in Committees
- Committee on Appointments: In the absence of the Speaker, the Committee elects a member, from amongst its members to chair the meeting
- Public Accounts Committee: responsible for the examination of the accounts showing the appropriations of the sum voted by the House to meet the public expenditure and of such other accounts
- Public Investments Committee: examine the reports and accounts of the public investments
- Budget and Appropriations Committee: investigate, inquire into and report on all matters related to coordination, control and monitoring of the of the national budget - examine the Budget Policy Statement - examine Bills related to the national budget
- Committee on Implementation: responsibile for scrutinizing the resolutions of the House (including adopted committee reports), petitions and the undertakings given by the National Executive
- Committee on Delegated Legislation: delegate on statutory instruments submitted to the Assembly
- Committee on Regional Integration: examine the records of all the relevant debates and resolutions of the meetings of the East African Legislative Assembly - inquire into and examine any other matter relating to regional integration generally requiring action by the House
- Defence and Foreign Relations Committee: Defence, intelligence, foreign relations diplomatic and consular services, international boundaries, international relations, agreements, treaties and conventions
- Administration and National Security Committee: National security, police services , home affairs, Public Administration, Public Service, Prisons, Immigration and the management of natural disasters, community service orders
- Agriculture, Livestock and Cooperatives Committee: Agriculture, livestock, irrigation, fisheries development, co-operatives development, production and marketing.
- Environment and Natural Resources Committee: Matters relating to climate change, environment management and conservation, forestry, water resource management, wildlife, mining and natural resources, pollution and waste management.
- Education, Research and Technology Committee: Education, training, research and technological advancement.
- Energy, Communication and Information Committee: Fossil fuels exploration, Development, production, maintenance and regulation of energy, communication, information, broadcasting and Information Communications Technology (ICT) development and management.
- Finance, Planning and Trade Committee: Public finance, monetary policies, public debt, financial institutions, investment and divestiture policies, pricing policies, banking, insurance, population, revenue policies, planning, national development, trade, tourism promotion and management, commerce and industry.
- Health Committee: Matters related to health, medical care and health insurance.
Joint Committees of the Senate and National Assembly
- Joint Committee on National Cohesion and Equal Opportunity
- Joint Parliamentary Broadcasting and Library Committee
Coalition and Party Summary 
See also, Kenya National Assembly elections, 2013.
Prior to the 2013 elections, the Jubilee Alliance consisted of The National Alliance, United Republican Party, and the National Rainbow Coalition. After the results were announced, Jubilee made post-election agreements with the New Ford Kenya, Alliance Party of Kenya, Chama Cha Uzalendo, Peoples Democratic Party, Ford People, Kenya African National Union, and United Democratic Forum. Reports indicate that two independents, NARC-Kenya, and one member of the Federal Party of Kenya also agreed to work with Jubilee.
See also 
- History of Kenya
- List of national legislatures
- Legislative branch
- National Assembly of Kenya elections, 2007
- Constitution of Kenya
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to: Parliament of Kenya|