National Association for College Admission Counseling
|This article relies on references to primary sources. (January 2008)|
The National Association for College Admission Counseling (NACAC), founded in 1937, is an organization of more than 11,000 professionals from around the world dedicated to serving students transitioning from secondary to postsecondary education. It includes professional school counselors, college access counselors, admission and financial aid officers, and others.
NACAC is governed by an assembly elected by state and regional affiliates.
NACAC holds several annual professional development events, including a national conference, and runs the National College Fairs program, which directly connect high school students with a wide variety of postsecondary institutions.
There are 23 regional affiliates of NACAC and they operate in a similar fashion and on a smaller scale.
- Dakota ACAC - DACAC - North Dakota, South Dakota
- Greater Plains ACAC - GPACAC - Kansas, Nebraska, Oklahoma
- Hawaii ACAC - HACAC - Hawaii
- Illinois ACAC - IACAC - Illinois
- Indiana ACAC - IACAC - Indiana
- Iowa ACAC - IACAC - Iowa
- Kentucky ACAC - KYACAC - Kentucky
- Michigan ACAC - MACAC - Michigan
- Minnesota ACAC - MACAC - Minnesota
- Missouri ACAC - MOACAC - Missouri
- New England ACAC - NEACAC - Connecticut, Maine, Massachusetts, New Hampshire, Rhode Island, Vermont
- New Jersey ACAC - NJACAC - New Jersey
- New York State ACAC - NYSACAC - New York
- Ohio ACAC - OACAC - Ohio
- Overseas ACAC - OACAC - For organizations outside of the United States and the Caribbean
- Pacific Northwest ACAC - PNACAC - Alaska, Idaho, Montana, Oregon, Washington
- Pennsylvania ACAC - PACAC - Pennsylvania
- Potomac and Chesapeake ACAC - PCACAC - Delaware, District of Columbia, Maryland, Virginia, West Virginia
- Rocky Mountains ACAC - RMACAC - Arizona, Colorado, New Mexico, Utah, Wyoming
- Southern ACAC - SACAC - Alabama, Arkansas, Florida, Georgia, Louisiana, Mississippi, North Carolina, South Carolina, Tennessee, Caribbean
- Texas ACAC - TACAC - Texas
- Western ACAC - WACAC - California, Nevada
- Wisconsin ACAC - WACAC - Wisconsin
- College admissions in the United States
- Higher education in the United States
- Transfer admissions in the United States
|This article about an education organization is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|