National Association of Athletics Administrations of Trinidad & Tobago
|National Association of Athletics Administrations of Trinidad & Tobago
|Vice president||George Comissiong|
|Replaced||National Amateur Athletic Association of Trinidad and Tobago|
NAAATT was founded in 1945 as Amateur Athletic Association (AAA) of Trinidad and Tobago, and was affiliated to the IAAF in 1962. However, AAA ceased to organize national championships. Therefore, starting in 1969, the National Athletes Union (NAU) started to hold national championships leading to a reformation of a National Amateur Athletic Association of Trinidad and Tobago (NAAATT) in 1971. First president was Jesse Noel. In 2009, NAAATT was finally renamed to National Association of Athletics Administrations of Trinidad and Tobago.
Current president is former sprinter and 1978 Commonwealth Games relay silver medallist Ephraim Serrette. He took office in 2006, and was re-elected in 2010 for the period 2010-2013. In spite of calls for resignation of the entire executive over drug issues forcing sprinters Semoy Hackett and Kelly-Ann Baptiste to withdraw from the 2013 IAAF World Championships, he was re-elected in November 2013.
NAAATT is the national member federation for Trinidad and Tobago in the following international organisations:
- International Association of Athletics Federations (IAAF)
- North American, Central American and Caribbean Athletic Association (NACAC)
- Association of Panamerican Athletics (APA)
- Central American and Caribbean Athletic Confederation (CACAC)
Moreover, it is part of the following national organisations:
NAAATT maintains the Trinidad and Tobago records in athletics.
- Nat'l Association of Athletics Admin. of Trinidad & Tobago, IAAF, retrieved January 5, 2013
- NAAATT Executive 2010, National Association of Athletics Administrations of Trinidad and Tobago, retrieved October 15, 2012
- Matthews, Peter, Historical Dictionary of Track and Field, p. 203, retrieved October 15, 2012
- ASOCIACIÓN INTERNACIONAL DE FEDERACIONES DE ATLETISMO - CONSTITUCIÓN EN VIGOR A PARTIR DEL 1 DE NOVIEMBRE DE 2011 (in Spanish), IAAF, p. 58, retrieved October 14, 2012
- NAAATT History, National Association of Athletics Administrations of Trinidad and Tobago, retrieved October 15, 2012
- Clarke, Clayton (November 29, 2010), Serrette returns as head of NAAA, Trinidad and Tobago Guardian, retrieved January 5, 2013
- Serrette gets third term as NAAA head, Trinidad and Tobago Express, November 30, 2013, retrieved January 22, 2014
- Serrette retains NAAA presidency, Trinidad and Tobago Newsday, December 1, 2013, retrieved January 22, 2014