National Commission on Population (India)
||This article needs more links to other articles to help integrate it into the encyclopedia. (December 2013)|
National Population Commission is a commission of the Indian government.
It is Chaired by the Prime Minister with the Deputy Chairman Planning Commission as Vice Chairman. Chief Ministers of all states, Ministers of the related Central Ministries, secretaries of the concerned Departments, eminent physicians, demographers and the representatives of the civil society are Members of the Commission.
The Commission has the mandate
- to review, monitor and give direction for implementation of the National Population Policy with the view to achieve the goals set in the Population Policy
- promote synergy between health, educational environmental and developmental programmes so as to hasten population stabilization
- promote inter sectoral coordination in planning and implementation of the programmes through different sectors and agencies in center and the states
- develop a vigorous peoples programme to support this national effort.
Notes and references
- National Commission on Population http://populationcommission.nic.in/hp.htm