National Cooperative Grocers Association
|Headquarters||Iowa City, Iowa, United States|
The National Cooperative Grocers Association (NCGA) is a marketing service cooperative of cooperative grocery stores founded in 1999 in the United States. Its headquarters are located in Iowa City, Iowa which is also home to New Pioneer Food Co-op, a member cooperative.
As of 2012[update] NCGA's membership includes 128 independent food cooperatives operating more than 165 stores in 35 states with combined annual sales of over $1.4 billion. In total, there are nearly 300 food co-operatives in the U.S. NCGA uses the buying power of its member cooperatives to negotiate with manufacturers such as UNFI.
NCGA is the publisher of Co-operative Grocer, the monthly trade publication for U.S. food co-operatives, first published in 1985.
- "Contact NCGA". National Cooperative Grocers' Association. Retrieved 2012-11-03.
- "About Us". National Cooperative Grocers' Association. Retrieved 2010-06-02.
- "Contact Us". Co-operative Grocer. Retrieved 2008-06-25.
- Adams, Celene. 'Clean' food, local produce and member participation form foundation for Cooperative's success. New Mexico Business Weekly. 10 June 2005.
- http://www.ncga.coop/ – official website
- http://www.cooperativegrocer.coop/ – Co-operative Grocer publication
|This article related to microeconomics is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This article about an organization in the United States is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This article about a business, industry, or trade-related organization is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|