National Dance Day
National Dance Day was created by So You Think You Can Dance producer Nigel Lythgoe and takes place in the United States on the last Saturday in July. It was founded and officially recognized in 2010 when American congresswoman Eleanor Holmes Norton introduced a National Dance Day resolution to promote dance education and physical fitness.
- International Dance Day - April 29
- National Dance Week - last week of April
- National Tap Dance Day - May 25
- "National Dance Day". Kenndy-Center.org. Archived from the original on April 30, 2014. Retrieved April 30, 2014.
- "National Dance Day Being Recognized with Official Act of Congress". Fox.com. July 23, 2010. Archived from the original on June 4, 2013.
- MacIntyre, April (July 30, 2010). "SYTYCD final four have their say to the fans, the pressure is on". MonstersAndCritics.com. Archived from the original on August 28, 2010. Retrieved August 1, 2010.