National Defense Medical Center
|National Defense Medical Center|
reorganized in 1945 as National Defense Medical Center
|President||Major General Sytwu, Hui-Kang
|Location||Neihu District, Taipei, Taiwan|
National Defense Medical Center (NDMC; Chinese: 國防醫學院; pinyin: Guófáng Yīxuéyuàn) is a ROC military affiliated medical school in Taipei, Taiwan. The NDMC is responsible for the training of military doctors, nurses and other medical personnel.
- 1 History
- 2 Educational Systems
- 3 Presidents
- 4 Notable faculty
- 5 Notable alumni
- 6 Teaching Hospital & Practice Institutions
- 7 Contact
- 8 See also
- 9 References
- 10 External links
The former institute of the National Defense Medical Center, established by Yuan Shikai in Tianjin, China in 1902, was recognized as the first military school in Chinese history. This center was the amalgamation of the Army Medical College, the Wartime Health Personnel Training Center and its 13 branches in Shanghai, China on June 1, 1947, and later, in 1949, moved to Taipei, Taiwan. Following the annexation of the Tri-Service General Hospital, a total integration of basic and clinic department was achieved in 1983. In October, 1999, the school moved to the Neihu District of Taipei; in the next year, the Tri-Service General Hospital, the affiliated hospital, also moved to Neihu, where they were renamed collectively as the National Defense Medical Center.
- Inst. of Dental Sciences
- Inst. of Pharmaceutical Sciences
- Inst. of Nursing
- Inst. of Public Health
- Inst. of Biology & anatomy
- Inst. of Physiology
- Inst. of Microbiology & Immunology
- Inst. of Pathology & Parasitology
- Inst. of Biochemistry
- Inst. of Pharmacology
- Inst. of Aerospace Medicine
- Inst. of Undersea Medicine
- LTG Robert Kho-Seng Lim (林可勝) (1947–1953)
- LTG Chih-Teh Loo (盧致德) (1953–1975)
- LTG Chok-Yung Chai (蔡作雍) (M47) (1975–1984)
- LTG (潘樹人) (M39) (1984–1989)
- LTG T. H. Yin (尹在信) (M49) (1989–1991)
- LTG Cheng-Ping Ma (馬正平) (M49) (1991–1993)
- LTG Hsheng-Kai Lee (李賢鎧) (M59) (1993–1996)
- LTG Kao-Liang Shen (沈國樑) (M59) (1996–2000)
- MG Sun-Yuan Chang (張聖原) (M66) (2000–2002)
- MG Hsian-Jenn Wang (王先震) (M66) (2003–2005)
- MG Deh-Ming Chang (張德明) (M74) (2005-) member of American College of Rheumatology.
|This section is empty. You can help by adding to it. (July 2010)|
- Jeng Wei (魏崢) (M68), famous cardiac surgeon, former superintendent of Cheng Hsin Medical Center.
- Shinn-zong Lin (林欣榮) (M73), superintendent of Buddhist Tzu Chi Medical Center.
Teaching Hospital & Practice Institutions
- Taipei Veterans General Hospital
- Taichung Veterans General Hospital
- Kaohsiung Veterans General Hospital
- Chi Mei Medical Center
- Synpac-Kingdom Pharmaceutical Co.
- Yung Shin Pharm. Ind. Co.
- Veterans Pharmaceutical Plant
- Health Centers in the northern Taiwan
- No.161, Sec. 6, Minquan E. Rd., Neihu District, Taipei City 114, Taiwan (R.O.C.)
|This article about a university, college or other education institution in Taiwan is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|