National Dong Hwa University
|National Dong Hwa University|
|Meilun campus: National Hualien University of Education|
|President||Maw-Kuen Wu, Professor of Physics|
|500+ (full time)|
|Location||Hualien County, Taiwan
|Campus||Shoufeng: Rural (251 hectares), Meilun: Urban (12.26 hectares)|
|Colours||green and yellow|
|Mascot||Taiwan native pheasant|
The National Dong Hwa University (NDHU; Chinese: 國立東華大學; pinyin: Guólì Dōnghuá Dàxué) is a comprehensive public institution of higher learning in Hualien County, Taiwan. The school serves over 10,000 undergraduate and graduate students.
The present university results from the 2008 merger of two public institutions: the National Dong Hwa University founded in 1994 (today's Shoufeng campus in Shoufeng Township), and the National Hualien University of Education founded in 1947 (today's Meilun campus in Hualien City).
The main Dong Hwa campus is located in Shoufeng township in the Papaya Creek Delta region of Hualien County. The campus sits just north of the Tropic of Cancer about 35 kilometers south of Taroko National Park and 15 kilometers south of Hualien City. Located on an alluvial plain ringed by mountains, the campus is known for its distinctive architecture and natural setting. Occupying over 251 hectares, the Shoufeng campus is Taiwan's largest flat land university site.
A 12.26-hectare campus operates in Hualien City's Meilun district on the Pacific Ocean coast. Dong Hwa's College of Marine Biology is based at the National Museum of Marine Biology and Aquarium (NMMBA) in Chechung township in Pingtung County.
- College of the Arts
- College of Humanities and Social Sciences
- College of Indigenous Studies
- Huashih College of Education
- College for General Education
- Center for Teacher Education
- College of Science and Engineering
- College of Marine Sciences
- College of Environmental Studies
- College of Management
|This section is empty. You can help by adding to it. (November 2014)|
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to National Dong Hwa University.|
- The name of the university is translated using Chinese word order. By English grammar rules, it is Dong Hwa National University.
- "National Dong Hwa University | Ranking & Review". 4icu.org. 2014-01-20. Retrieved 2014-02-04.
- "認識東華 - 國立東華大學". Ndhu.edu.tw. 2014-01-28. Retrieved 2014-02-04.
- [dead link]
- "National Dong Hwa University - Hualien - Reviews of National Dong Hwa University - TripAdvisor". Tripadvisor.in. Retrieved 2014-02-04.
- "Locations - National Dong Hwa University". Ndhu.edu.tw. 2014-01-28. Retrieved 2014-02-04.
- [dead link]
- "教研單位 - 國立東華大學". Ndhu.edu.tw. Retrieved 2014-02-04.