National Elections Commission of Liberia
|Agency executive||Elizabeth J. Nelson, Chairman|
The National Elections Commission of the Republic of Liberia (NEC) is an autonomous agency in Liberia that supervises the national elections of Liberia.
The following people were part of the election commission as of 2011:
- Chairman: Elizabeth J. Nelson
- Co-Chairman: Jonathan K. Weedor
In 2009, a $17.5 million dollar contract was offered to the NEC by USAID through the International Foundation for Electoral Systems. The money was provided to support the Commission in holding the 2011 and 2014 general elections. The aid was greeted by then election commissioner, James Fromayan.
- "Commissioners". National Election Commission of Liberia. 2006. Retrieved November 20, 2009.
- Jean-Matthew Nation, Tamba (29 October 2009). "Liberia to het $17.5m for polls". Daily Nation (Kenya).
- B. Yates, Charles. "Ahead Of 2011 Elections: U.S. Government Gives US$17.5 m For NEC". Inquirer (Liberia). Retrieved November 20, 2009.