National Institute of Fashion Technology Patna
|National Institute of Fashion Technology Patna|
NIFT Patna's transit campus situated in the Udyog Bhavan, East Gandhi Maidan Marg
|Type||Education and research institution|
|Undergraduates||Fashion Design, and Fashion & Lifestyle Accessories|
|Location||Patna, Bihar, India|
|Website||NIFT Patna Home Page|
The National Institute of Fashion Technology Patna (also known as NIFT Patna or NIFTP) is an autonomous institute for education fashion and related technology located in Patna, India. It is the ninth member of the NIFT fraternity.
NIFT Patna was started on August 4, 2008, with an orientation. It's academic programmes began on August 12, 2008.
The cabinet had approved free-of-cost transfer of 10 acres (40,000 m2) of land from the agriculture department to the industries department for establishing the NIFT Patna branch. The Bihar government had also approved the allocation of 586 million for setting up the NIFT Patna building. The NIFT Patna is operating out of a temporary campus, a Bihar Industrial Area Development Authority building near Gandhi Maidan Marg, Patna, until it has a campus of its own.
- Halls of residence
- Computer Network
NIFT Patna operates the following departments:
- Fashion Design
- Masters of Fashion Management
- NIFT Patna in collaboration with Bihar's industries department to celebrate Bihar Diwas The Times of India. Retrieved Feb 11, 2013
- 35 locals make it to NIFT-Patna's 6th batch The Times of India. Retrieved Jul 26, 2013
- NIFT Patna to hold orientation meet The Times of India. Retrieved Jul 26, 2012
- Real-time lessons for budding designers - NIFT celebrates three-day annual event
- http://www.hindustandainik.com/news/7097_2150113,008700010014.htm NIFT starts classes in Patna[dead link]
- Delay bugs fashion cradle Calcutta Telegraph. Retrieved Dec 12, 2011