National Institute of Technology, Puducherry
|National Institute of Technology Puducherry|
|राष्ट्रीय प्रौद्योगिकी संस्थान पुदुचेरी|
|Director||Dr. (Mrs.) S. K. Pandey|
|Location||Karaikal, Puducherry, India|
The National Institute of Technology, Puducherry (NITPY), is one of the 30 National Institute of Technology situated in Karaikal, Puducherry. NIT-Puducherry is also one of the newly formed ten NITs, sanctioned by the Government of India in 2009, as part of the Eleventh Five-Year Plan (2007–2012).
The National Institute of Technology Puducherry was established under the The Eleventh Five Year Plan(2007-2012) and operates from the academic year 2010-11 onwards. The National Institute of Technology Puducherry functions from a temporary campus at Arignar Anna Govt. Arts and Science College, Nehru nagar, Karaikal- 609 605. Dr.Baldevraj, Former Director, Indira Gandhi Centre for Atomic Research(IGCAR), Kalpakkam is the Chairman of Board of Governors for the National Institute of Technology Puducherry at Karaikal.
NIT-Puducherry does not have its own campus and hostel facilities are provided by college in private buildings. Land for the construction of the new campus had already been procured near village Poovam(256 acres) from the government of Puducherry in Karaikal. At present the Science Block and Hostels for both boys and girls in the college campus are under construction.
Students are admitted to the college for bachelors degree is based on the marks obtained in the Joint Entrance Examination. From the total number of seats available during the admission process 50% of seats are reserved for the candidates having residence/native at Puducherry (includes Puducherry, Karaikal, Mahe, Yanam) and Andaman and Nicobar Islands (i.e., Home State).The remaining 50% seats are filled on all India quota basis.
Admission for masters degree is based on the marks obtained in the Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering. Admission is made through the Centralized Counselling for M.Tech (CCMT).
Currently it offers these courses.
- B.Tech Electronics and Communication Engineering
- B.Tech Electrical and Electronics Engineering
- B.Tech Computer Science and Engineering
- B.Tech Mechanical engineering
- M.tech Computer Science and Engineering
- Phd Computer Science and Engineering
- http://www.nitt.edu/home/nitp/director/. New Director of NITPY.
- http://maps.google.com/maps?hl=en&safe=off&bav=on.2,or.r_gc.r_pw.,cf.osb&biw=1600&bih=775&um=1&ie=UTF-8&q=nit+puducherry&fb=1&hq=nit+puducherry&hnear=nit+puducherry&cid=0,0,7749022862630065310&ei=x2gQT8CMGsLJrAfv14SSAg&sa=X&oi=local_result&ct=image&ved=0CAUQ_BI. Anna College, where Nitpy is located.