National Institute of Technology Uttarakhand
|National Institute of Technology Uttarakhand|
|राष्ट्रीय प्रौद्योगिकी संस्थान उत्तराखण्ड|
|Motto||अभ्यासाध्यरयेतः विद्या Abhyasadhyarayetah Vidya|
Motto in English
|Knowledge is maintained through Practice and Hardship|
|Type||Institute of National Importance|
|Chairman||Dr. Bhaskar Bhatt|
|Director||Dr. H. T. Thorat|
|Location||Srinagar, Uttarakhand, India|
The National Institute of Technology Uttarakhand (also known as NIT Uttarakhand or NITUK) is a public engineering institution in the Indian state of Uttarakhand. It was founded in 2010 being one of the 30 National Institutes of Technology in India and is recognised as an Institute of National Importance. It admitted its first batch of students in 2010-11.
The Institute started its working from 2010.The temporary campus is located in Govt. Polytechnic, Srinagar Garhwal (Distt. Pauri Garhwal).Srinagar Garhwal i.e., 105 km from Rishikesh on National Highway No. 58 leading to Badrinath (193 km from Srinagar). Rishikesh is the nearest Railway Station. Haridwar, a major Railway Station in Uttarakhand is 130 km from Srinagar. Nearest Airport at Jolly Grant, Dehradun is 125 km away from Srinagar.Taxis are available for Srinagar from Airport. Buses and Taxis are available for Srinagar from Rishikesh/Haridwar. It takes 4 to 5 hours to reach Srinagar from Rishikesh.
The Bachelor of Technology admissions for Indian students were based on the AIEEE (All India Engineering Entrance Examination). The exam consists of three sections on Mathematics, Physics and Chemistry. However, from the year 2013, admission will be done through the JEE MAIN,and ranks will be given after considering 60% of the marks scored in the test, and 40% in the class 12 Board examinations. The B. Tech admissions for foreign students are done through Direct Admission of Students Abroad(DASA)Scheme.
- Sciences & Humanities (2010)
- Computer Science Engineering (2010)
- Electrical & Electronics Engineering (2010)
- Electronics & Communication Engineering (2010)
- Mechanical Engineering (2015)
- Civil Engineering (2013)
- Fresher's Night(Pravartak)
- Institute Gathering (SPARK)
- department gathering
- Departmental Gathering
- Guest Lectures
- Various Competitions.
- Volley Ball
- Basket Ball
- Table Tennis
Institute has purchased five set of skies and accessories.Students are sent to Auli for Skiing in February.
Institute has purchased two Rafts and two Kayaks.Rafting is conducted in Alaknanda river at Srinagar under certified experts supervision.
Other Recreational Stuffs
- Music CLUB
- Theater Workshop
- klick :- The Photography Club
- Q & A club (quizzing and awareness club)
- The Literary society club
- Robotics club
- india, forbes. "bhaskar". Retrieved 15 July 2013.
- Govt, MHRD. "MHRD". Retrieved 15 July 2013.
- campus, nit. "sumari". Retrieved 15 July 2013.
- box, mingle. "mingle". Retrieved 15 July 2013.
- Main, JEE. "JEE MAIN". Retrieved 15 July 2013.
- nit, dasa. "DASA". Retrieved 15 July 2013.
- sport, rafting. "Rafting". Retrieved 15 July 2013.