National Open University
|National Open University|
|Established||1 August 1986|
|Location||Luzhou, New Taipei, Taiwan|
National Open University (NOU; Chinese: 國立空中大學; pinyin: Guólì Kōngzhōng Dàxué) is an Open University in Luzhou District, New Taipei, Taiwan. National Open University was established on August 1, 1986 along the lines of Great Britain's Open University. Although National Open University originally had entrance examinations, they were later abolished in 1997. Classes were originally conducted over a dedicated radio station, and television channel and internet classroom were later added. Today, National Open University is a full-service, distance learning university fully accredited by the Taiwanese government, and has an annual enrollment of 35,000 students.
National Open University is headed by a president. The University contain 6 academic departments.
- Department of Liberal Arts
- Department of Social Sciences
- Department of Arts in Commerce
- Department of Public Administration
- Department of Living Sciences
- Department of Management and Information
- "Motto (in Chinese)". Nat'l Open U. Retrieved 2014-10-13.