Logo for the National Park Service
|Interstates:||Interstate nn (I-nn)|
|US Routes:||U.S. Highway nn, U.S. Route nn (US nn)|
|State:||Varies by state|
A National Parkway is a designation for a protected area in the United States. The designation is given to a scenic roadway and a protected corridor of surrounding parkland. National Parkways often connect cultural or historic sites. The U.S. National Park Service manages the parkways.
- Blue Ridge Parkway
- Foothills Parkway
- George Washington Memorial Parkway
- John D. Rockefeller, Jr. Memorial Parkway
- Natchez Trace Parkway
- Baltimore-Washington Parkway
- Suitland Parkway
- Rock Creek and Potomac Parkway
- Clara Barton Parkway
- Colonial Parkway
The Great River Road was originally envisioned as a national parkway.
- Staff. Learning About the National Park System and The National Park Service (PDF). National Park Service. p. 4. Retrieved November 30, 2013.