National Policy Forum
The NPF is made up of 186 members representing government, European and devolved assemblies, local government, affiliated trade unions, socialist societies and others, and individual members of the Labour Party, who elect representatives through an all member ballot.
The body is responsible for overseeing policy development. It meets two or three weekends a year to discuss in detail documents produced by the policy commissions, of which there are six, jointly set up by the NPF, the Party's National Executive Committee and the Government. It submits three types of documents to Labour Party Conference: pre-decision consultative, final policy documents and an annual report on the work of the policy commissions.
The Joint Policy Committee acts as a steering group for the National Policy Forum.
Membership of the National Policy Forum
Elected, for two year terms:
- Constituency Labour Parties - 55
- Affiliated Trade Unions - 30
- Regional Conferences/Policy Forums - 22
- Local Government Councillors - 9
- Socialist societies - 3
- BAME Labour- 4
- LGBT Labour - 1
- Disabled Members' Group - 1
- Members of Parliament - 9
- Members of the European Parliament - 6
- Labour Students - 1
- Members of the House of Lords - 2
- Government/Shadow Cabinet - 8
- Co-operative Party - 2
- General Secretary of the Co-operative Party - 1
- National Executive Committee - 32