National Progressive Unionist Party
|National Progressive Unionist Party
Hizb al Tagammu' al Watani al Taqadomi al Wahdawi
حزب التجمع الوطني التقدمي الوحدوي
|Chairman||Sayed Abdel Aal|
|National affiliation||Revolutionary Democratic Coalition
National Salvation Front
|Politics of Egypt
The National Progressive Unionist Party (in Arabic: Hizb al Tagammu' al Watani al Taqadomi al Wahdawi حزب التجمع الوطني التقدمي الوحدوي, commonly referred to as Tagammu) is a socialist political party in Egypt. The party is considered to be a defender of the principles of the Egyptian Revolution of 1952. It calls for standing against attempts to reverse the Revolution's social gains for labourers, the poor, and other low-income groups.
The Egyptian Social Democratic Party and the Tagammu Party ran in the 2012 Shura council election as part of the Egyptian Bloc.The division of seats between the two parties in the Shura Council is unclear.
- Rejection of religious extremism.
- Building the character of the Egyptian citizens.
- Ending the State monopoly over the media.
- Raising awareness of environmental issues.
- Developing the Egyptian industries.
Prominent Party figures
- Khaled Mohieddin – Party founder, former chairman, and a member of the Egyptian Revolutionary Command Council.
- Sayed Abdel Aal- New Party Chairman
- Tagammu Party elects new chief by one vote, Egypt Independent, 27 February 2013, retrieved 16 December 2013
- "Profiles of Egypt's political parties". BBC. 25 November 2011. Retrieved 16 December 2013.
- Revolutionary Democratic Coalition: A new voice on Egypt's Left, Ahram Online, 19 September 2012, retrieved 16 December 2013
- Civil groups' pounce into political space seen as pro-democracy triumph, Egypt Independent, 29 November 2012, retrieved 16 December 2013
- "Results of Shura Council Elections". Carnegie Endowment for International Peace. 29 September 2012. Retrieved 16 December 2013.
- "Egyptian Bloc divided over boycotting Shura Council elections". Egypt Independent. 1 October 2012. Retrieved 16 December 2013.
- Al-Ahaly Newspaper Tagammu' party Official newspaper. (Arabic)
- National Progressive Unionist Party on Facebook (Arabic)
|This article about a political party in Egypt is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|