National Register of Historic Places listings in Allamakee County, Iowa
This is a list of the National Register of Historic Places listings in Allamakee County, Iowa.
This is intended to be a complete list of the properties and districts on the National Register of Historic Places in Allamakee County, Iowa, United States. Latitude and longitude coordinates are provided for many National Register properties and districts; these locations may be seen together in a Google map.
There are 20 properties and districts listed on the National Register in the county.
|||Name on the Register||Image||Date listed||Location||City or town||Description|
|1||Allamakee County Court House||
|110 Allamakee St.
|2||Allamakee County Courthouse||
|107 Allamakee St.
|3||Effigy Mounds National Monument||
|3 miles north of Marquette on Iowa Highway 76
||Marquette||Extends into Clayton County|
|4||Fish Farm Mound Group||
|Fish Farm Mounds State Preserve
|5||Otto J. Hager House||
|402 Allamakee St.
|Northern end of Main Street
|7||G. Kerndt and Brothers Elevator and Warehouses, No. 11, No.12 and No. 13||
|8||G. Kerndt & Brothers Office Block||
|4th and Main Sts.
|9||Lansing Fisheries Building||
|Between County Highway X-52 and the Mississippi River in southern Lansing
|10||Lansing Main Street Historic District||
|100–401 Main Street, 1 block north and south on Front and 2nd streets, and 190 John Street
|11||Lansing Stone School||
|Southwestern corner of Center and 5th Sts.
|12||Fred W. Meier Round Barn||
|Off Iowa Highway 9
|Swebakken Rd. over Paint Creek
|14||Old Allamakee County Courthouse||
|15||Old East Paint Creek Lutheran Church||
|North of Waterville on County Road A-52
|16||Thomas Reburn Polygonal Barn||
|Off Iowa Highway 26
|Fuel Hollow Rd. over the Yellow River
|18||Slinde Mound Group||
|119 East Greene Street
|20||Upper Iowa River Bridge||
|Mays Prairie Rd. over the Upper Iowa River
|||Name on the Register||Image||Date listed||Date removed||Location||City or town||Summary|
|1||Postville Public School||
||Ogden and Post Sts.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to National Register of Historic Places in Allamakee County, Iowa.|
- The latitude and longitude information provided in this table was derived originally from the National Register Information System, which has been found to be fairly accurate for about 99% of listings. For about 1% of NRIS original coordinates, experience has shown that one or both coordinates are typos or otherwise extremely far off; some corrections may have been made. A more subtle problem causes many locations to be off by up to 150 yards, depending on location in the country: most NRIS coordinates were derived from tracing out latitude and longitudes off of USGS topographical quadrant maps created under the North American Datum of 1927, which differs from the current, highly accurate WGS84 GPS system used by most on-line maps. Chicago is about right, but NRIS longitudes in Washington are higher by about 4.5 seconds, and are lower by about 2.0 seconds in Maine. Latitudes differ by about 1.0 second in Florida. Some locations in this table may have been corrected to current GPS standards.
- "National Register of Historic Places: Weekly List Actions". National Park Service, United States Department of the Interior. Retrieved on December 19, 2014.
- Numbers represent an ordering by significant words. Various colorings, defined here, differentiate National Historic Landmarks and historic districts from other NRHP buildings, structures, sites or objects.
- "National Register Information System". National Register of Historic Places. National Park Service. 2008-04-24.
- The eight-digit number below each date is the number assigned to each location in the National Register Information System database, which can be viewed by clicking the number.
- Fish Farm Mounds Wildlife Management Area, Iowa Department of Natural Resources, 2011-03. Accessed 2013-01-17.